'94 GT Zaskar Aqua (all dead photobucket links)

Re: '94 GT Zaskar Aqua

Still looking fantastic :)

Personally, I think they ride the best when running solid forks, I found the front end to be so light and nimble. Sadly the comfort factor of the suspension kind of over rules the benefits of solid forks.

Re: Re:

cherrybomb":2j8vy3xx said:
Yeah, just a little bit. :D

I'd quite happily swap the 96 for another earlier 18" though.

I actually prefer the colour of the 96 to be fair, its got more of a purple tint to it and its a really nice bold colour. But ive always prefered the look of the gussets on the earlier frames :cool:

Ian W":254i6956 said:
Still looking fantastic :)

Personally, I think they ride the best when running solid forks, I found the front end to be so light and nimble. Sadly the comfort factor of the suspension kind of over rules the benefits of solid forks.

i agree, i do like a rigid zaskar. I dont notice any less comfort riding with rigid forks tbh but then ive got fairly chunky tyres to absorb some of the bumps. i wouldnt take It on a trail fully rigid though

Sean

Re:

i fitted the marzocchi bombers again, with the intent to do some trail riding this year (which hasnt actually happened :facepalm: ) and the forks have been sat for so long they seem to have dropped in pressure. this year so far the bikes been used for commuting and trips to and from the pub, so i will be making the zaskar more commute friendly now i reckon

Wow! I admire your patience (and feel your pain with the Lizard Skins imprint in the paint). Black crown was definitely the right choice :cool:

Love this bike each way it turn...;)

Btw, did you still own the 94' heihei ? As the build thread has never ended...:(

Cheers
Chris

mamadirt":ga46eq6h said:
Wow! I admire your patience (and feel your pain with the Lizard Skins imprint in the paint). Black crown was definitely the right choice :cool:
Thanks, and they were worth it in the end though... it would've been a lot easier and probably cheaper if i had the legs shotblasted and powdercoated, but like i say it was a learning curve :)

kikideparis":ga46eq6h said:
Love this bike each way it turn...;)

Btw, did you still own the 94' heihei ? As the build thread has never ended...:(

Cheers
Chris

That frame was lovely, it cleaned up and polished really well, and was incredibly light. But i decided i liked the zaskar better and put the parts i set aside back on this bike. As you can imagine the hei hei was a very easy frame to sell, so i didnt hang onto it

Sean

Latest posts

Back