'94, erm '92..., well '93 Rocky Mountain Cirrus rebuild

My Cirrus, as it now stands with its upgraded Pulstar front suspension hub and Flite Transalp saddle. 12.5kg. Stage ready :cool:

P1020088.JPG
P1020095.JPG

Last edited:
Shimano BR-M734 canti brakeset with NOS 6mm oversize MT-092 cables matching the ST-M092 Servo Wave SLR Plus brake levers weren't that difficult to locate.

379643-9d5355b131643d6493f34f48fc72b0e8.jpg
It turns out that, besides wrong brake pads, the front cable hanger was wrong too. Shimano B/82 is for rear brakeset. Now replaced by Shimano A/73.

P1030075.JPG

Last edited:
The original Velo-made saddle with Shoulder Holder was found in the UK in a Rocky Mountain garage lot also including Rocky Mountain-branded stem, handlebar and seatpost in 30.4mm, so probably coming from an Expérience MTB. The leather of the saddle didn't have any bad scuffs nor scratches, but was probably exposed for years to the lovely weather of Great Britain ;) I tried to do my best with shoe polish to restore it but it'll probably take another couple years of polishing to make it looks like as how it was manufactured in November 1991. If you know other restoration techniques, please let me know. Some day, I may replace it with something more high-end.

View attachment 538615
View attachment 538616
View attachment 538617
View attachment 538618

Update Nov. 10, 2019: Now replaced with a lighter '93 Selle Italia Flite Transalp (p. 5).
Would you happen to still have this Vetta saddle, with the shoulder holder? I'm looking for one of these early ones, at least just the shoulder holder, for my Trek 990. I know, it's not Rocky Mountain, but I use my bike on city adventures, and I would actually use the shoulder holder if I fitted one!

Much thanks.

Would you happen to still have this Vetta saddle, with the shoulder holder? I'm looking for one of these early ones, at least just the shoulder holder, for my Trek 990. I know, it's not Rocky Mountain, but I use my bike on city adventures, and I would actually use the shoulder holder if I fitted one!

Much thanks.
I still have it, yes. But I prefer to keep it for another potential RM rebuild. Hope you don't mind!

I still have it, yes. But I prefer to keep it for another potential RM rebuild. Hope you don't mind!
I don't mind at all! Thanks for the reply, and I suppose this will serve as a notice to anyone else who has one, I'd be interested!

Back