'94 Avanti Competitor

Orange hammer came with rigid forks, Ahead, Full STX-RC including v-brakes.
My mate had one, very nice bike. I have some pics of it but I don't have a scanner at the moment.

I had a 96 Hammer V, with the all new XT V brakes & SL Judys. The frame was American made steel, but not sure where. Great bike & a bargain back in the day. I replaced the frame with a Salsa in 98.
The 95 Hammer was red with LX & an optional Mag 21. Don't recall the later ones in orange having STX. They were quite niche when alloy was taking over as the frame material of choice.

All in good time Max :)

Stripped off an old LX groupo off it today, looks original so prob '96/'97, and a very well used RS indy c, the frame weighs a smidge over 4lbs so as light as my Explosif which is pretty impressive :)

Oddly though it had the skiniest chromed steel seat post l've ever seen with an alloy shim which seems stuck in the frame. :(

Anybody know what size seat post its meant to take? l'm guessing 27.0/27.2.

Another anomaly is that it has an bb mounted front mech with a bolt that goes into the frame :?

lmpressed with it though, l wanted it for a pub/beach bike but think it might be too good!

Yeah they ean an e-type front de.
My mates one was definately STX-RC, I still remember going into the shop and buying it with him.
His was rigid which he bought it, upgraded to a new pair of Indy XC's with long travel, then he managed to get his hands on a new set of RST Mozo's, the yellow ones with 4.5" travel. Was a beast!

Re:

How is the Lightening rebuild going?? I am about to start rebuilding mine and would love to see how yours has turned out

Back