93 lavadome seat post and clamp

enc

Kona Fan
Spent a while extracting the Seatpost from a 93 lavadome today. it was pretty scuffed up once removed but pretty sure the size stamp was 26.6?! i tried another 26.6 post which went in but started getting tight after a couple of inches :?
after spending well over a hour removing the original i wasn't about to force it.
i have another post at 26.4 which obviously fits but is a bit loose whats the script there then? ...at least it wont ever become lodged :roll: :LOL:
which brings me on to my second conundrum. The Kona seat clamp has a lip on one edge, is the lip supposed to fit above the seat tube rim or around it?

Not all seatposts are equal, despite what it says on them.

My '93 Cinder Cone is 26.6 also. And yes, the lip sits on top of the seat tube.

It'll be corrosion or gunk in the seat-tube.

sand paper, brillo pad, any other abrasive would work, even a stiff brush. you need to get them deep down in that seat-tube, and if you can spin them with a drill you'll be done in a few mins. I've had this on loads of old frames.

My_Teenage_Self":32itsyzr said:
It'll be corrosion or gunk in the seat-tube.

sand paper, brillo pad, any other abrasive would work, even a stiff brush. you need to get them deep down in that seat-tube, and if you can spin them with a drill you'll be done in a few mins. I've had this on loads of old frames.
I’ll give it a go ;)

Take a length of old broom handle. Cut a verticle slit of say 2 inches in one end. In the other drill a pilot hole then insert a fairly stout screw leaving the unthreaded shank showing. Remove head. Insert in drill and put a strip of emery cloth / wet and dry paper or similar in the other and off you go.

Back