92 ZINN blue with hope disk brakes 19” frame

dyna-ti":1jhdvve5 said:
Retro Spud":1jhdvve5 said:
He is right about the Hope mechanical disc ..... they really weren’t great

Stopping power was dire - in the end the front hub split and let go of three spokes forcing me to move over V brakes which were cheaper /lighter and worked better
Which hub was that, only I thought the early mechanical were for big flange hubs, which if todays is anything to go by should have been strong enough.

I know the early ones get a lot of stick for cracking, especially the ti centered and 36h, but i sometimes wonder if one of the real reasons was people continuing to tighten and tighten the spokes while retruing. Something would have to give eventually.

just a thought :)

Only had mine trued the once - admittedly I had it two or theee years before it went west on me

This is the hub I had - perhaps it’s different to the one you were thinking of
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=408269

Trialsmeister":2ytgn218 said:
'Hope" someone got it who will appreciate and not to see it split up, or flipped for profit.

Flipped seems possible but at 600 quid I don't see there being any strong impetus to split it somehow.

Re:

Seller has proper taste that's for sure - the Roberts road bike he sold at the same time is absolutely delicious.

Re: Re:

BoyBurning":29tzvg0d said:
Seller has proper taste that's for sure - the Roberts road bike he sold at the same time is absolutely delicious.

Dont lick bicycles, especially straight after (or during) rides - that was neither Marmite nor was it chocolate.

Carry on.

Re:

:mrgreen:

zinn-badge.png

That's not lush in any way Lee. (Face not kept straight, not straight at all).

Glad it's not on eBay, being held out by one hand, in it's component parts!!

"Hope" to see it in the metal, at York, apocalypse sniffles prevailing.

M

Re:

so chuffed with it.................... we went to work this morning :)

IMG-20200315-094129.jpg

then to pick up some breakfast from the greggstraunt

IMG-20200315-094523.jpg

[Edit]meant to put this in readers rides[Edit]

Back