Do I fit the Mag 21's?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nope

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
lewis1641":3hippi8k said:
the fork would have cost more than the entire bike when new!

i think keep it standard and carry on loving it

Really? How much were the Mag21s back then? From memory the Fire Mountain was 400 and something quid.

As for the bike, very nice. Personally I would stick with the P2s (but slide the stem in properly ;)) but if you have the forks there you may as well fit them and see what they're like.

rigid all the way.....project two forks look great just where the lord intended on the front of a kona......send me the mag 21"s,would hate your garage to get too cluttered!.......out of interest how did you get nos rockshox??.....they must be like rocking horse doings!

Mag 21's - I think mine were about £240-280 in about 93/4 - Red Judy's were just out when I bought them so they had a few quid off.

And keep it rigid.

Rigid it is..

Im gonna go with the vote here, and put the effort into the grpset. Hoping to get some bits of CannondaleKing and fit asap.

Picked up the Mongoose IBOC Pro this morning. It must have done all of 50 miles since 1990! WTF!? Im out on the road tonight but I'll post some pics as soon as I get it home and blow the dust off it. :p

For what it's worth, if you want suspension get suspension - my bike looks cleaner rigid, but the RC35s mean I can still feel my hands after a morning out. Still, would seem a shame to use the Mag21s on it though - have you nothing else you could use instead?

Updating

It's been a busy old year eh.. :?

Reading up on all the comments you kind lot gave on her last time I thought Id give you a quick update.

Our little Fire Mountain friend here has stayed lovingly rigid and is now benefiting from;

Kona Race Light Bars (Silver w/shim)
DX Sti
DX Canti's
DX Front Mech
Deore Chainset
LX Pedals
DX Rear Mech
Turbo Lite

The font wheel is built and ready (DX on 261CD) but not yet on - it can join the rear one (XT/261 CD) when it's laced up and ready. With any luck i'll get round to it before Xmas! Photo's soon :D

Back