90th birthdays

Re:

Agree with OPs sentiments, they have the best medical care possible, while the rest of us put up with loooong queues in A&E, GPs who no longer give a fuxx about patients, as they are so over loaded and opted out in 2004.....thanks Liar Blair....but I wouldn't want a senior Royal's lifestyle for all the tea in China. Having to attend endless openings, shake hands with and grin at thousands of sycophants every year...il pass :LOL:

My dear Gran RIP, was 94 so loving and as sharp as a tack till some evil pneumonia bug decided to slay her.

Re:

They are nice enough people on a one to one basis. My family has had a lot to do with them, even my great aunt, who lived next to Balmoral, played with Charles as kids. Yes; they dressed up as goats.

My ancestor was the surgeon royal to Balmoral, and birthed amongst others, the famous John Brown who supposedly was pressing Vicky's tweeds at one point. Shame he never gave her a haggis in the over, as I would no doubt have my rightful place in the aristocracy.

The queen mum used to walk her dogs on the beach down from our hotel back in the day, and our bloodhound would terrorise them. I remember unhooking him from the back of the land rover to chase them. A wee devil I was, even as a toddler.

It was a simpler world back then, without so much concern for security and avoiding the press.

Perhaps that is what people like about them, a reminder of better days.

Re: Re:

highlandsflyer":2dpqspcg said:
They are nice enough people on a one to one basis. My family has had a lot to do with them, even my great aunt, who lived next to Balmoral, played with Charles as kids. Yes; they dressed up as goats.

My ancestor was the surgeon royal to Balmoral, and birthed amongst others, the famous John Brown who supposedly was pressing Vicky's tweeds at one point. Shame he never gave her a haggis in the over, as I would no doubt have my rightful place in the aristocracy.

The queen mum used to walk her dogs on the beach down from our hotel back in the day, and our bloodhound would terrorise them. I remember unhooking him from the back of the land rover to chase them. A wee devil I was, even as a toddler.

It was a simpler world back then, without so much concern for security and avoiding the press.

Perhaps that is what people like about them, a reminder of better days.

Jeezo, ye need tae lay aff the electric soup pal.
e14443.gif

Amazing to think someone has lived through so many changes in the world. Especially someone whose position has changed so dramatically as Queeny. I wonder how she feels about her subjects these days?

How old was Thora Third? 91. I always think of the queen as a slightly richer Thora Third. I wonder if Thora Third ever played a troll.

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":lcla2rhm said:
This thread isn't intended as a slanging match, I just can't drum up excitement for the celebration.

I don't give a monkeys either, I was probably the only person in England who was totally uninterested in the wedding of Kate and the balding geezer, William was it and subsequent Royal babies. They cause me no bother so I leave them be.

As others have stated, it's hardly an achievement when she has access to the care she does. I seem to remember her mum receiving regular transfusions of blood to give her some extra vim. I expect she and Phil are on the same deal themselves by now.

Hers is not the life I'd choose, but the difference is that she does have a choice and frankly the level of wealth purely down to being born to the right person is obscene.

Re:

I am with Greencat.

Despite their individual personas, the lack of equality they represent is something that would be better consigned to history.

The queen actually reminds me more of Nora Batty.

Back