90's Brodie Catalyst

schoi604

Retro Newbie
Good day!
This is my Brodie Catalyst that I bought it in 95. I've been storing it in the garage over 13 years!! I took it out last weekend for a ride and it still feel as good as yesterday.
It has the orginal Brodie Gatorblade rigid fork (no rust). It has the orginal Deore DX, XT parts. Tange Levin Headset etc...
Anyway, I have question regarding to the serial number. Does anybody know where the serial number is located? Do you know whether this is a 94 or a 93 Catalyst? Many thanks in advance.

brodie01.jpg

brodie02.jpg

brodie03.jpg

brodie04.jpg

brodie05.jpg

brodie07.jpg

brodie08.jpg

brodie10.jpg

brodie11.jpg

brodie12.jpg

[/img]

A Canadian from BC with a Brodie. Who would have guessed? :LOL:

Looking at the frame (in particular the brake noodle), and the parts I'd guess it's a 93 frame. The "years" did tend to meld with Paul, though. Did you buy it used? It has an interesting mix of parts.

Brodie archive pages located here:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=2177

And welcome to the site.........mind your wallet. Damned things are like Lay's chips.

nice one,..

look under the the cablequide on the bottom bracket tube.

cheers kay
if you ever dicide to let this one go, let me know :D

What a beautiful bike! I would guess it is earlier than 94 as the fork is the pre-suspension length and I feel sure that Paul would have gone over to suspension-adjusted frames and matching forks by 1994.

Thank you for your kind replies!
Indeed I bought it used in May 95 for $400 (Frame + Fork) then I added another $300 for the parts. I still have the receipt for it. I bought it from a place called Daniel's Bicycle.
About the serial number, yes I found it, it is under the cablequide. In fact it's printed on the receipt too. It has such a short and cool serial "xx007" is that mean the 7th one off the production line?

This is Paul Brodie. He is the guy that made your Catalyst frame. There was no "production line" there when he owned the company.

5469024946_1b68226b3c_z.jpg
[/img]

Welcome fellow Richmond'r! You've got quite the specimen there! Looks like in PRESTINE shape! Hope to see you around Richmond soon!

welcome, and nice Brodie! With a little cleaning & tidying up, especially those cable ends ;) ... that would look ace!

FMJ":cbo4p1ol said:
This is Paul Brodie. He is the guy that made your Catalyst frame. There was no "production line" there when he owned the company.

5469024946_1b68226b3c_z.jpg
[/img]

Someone in PB's frame building course made a Psyclone SS knock-off!

Latest posts

Back