90’s Giant Cadex

sparkybhp

Senior Retro Guru
IMG_2857.jpeg
Just picked this up this afternoon. It was advertised as a 22” frame but when I got there I found it’s a 61cm - the seller measured it wrong. It’s too big for me so will probably be a fix and flip job but I bought it anyway as the condition and quality of components are really good.
The groupset is a Sachs New Success, Campagnolo headset, Cinelli bars/stem, Gipiemme seat post, hubs are Shimano 600. This is all at first glance really but it looks good enough that it’ll tidy up and sell on for a small profit which I can put towards something similar in the correct size hopefully..

Nice one, I had a CFR2 which I wound up using as a parts bike since no one wanted to buy it. I hope you have better luck. Aren't those second gen Ergopower levers?

It may go that way also, we’ll see how it goes - the parts on it are worth probably more than the bike as a whole. It is pretty clean though so would be a shame to strip it apart.
Yes the groupset has the ergo brifters, this era of New Success was developed in conjunction with Campagnolo apparently:

View attachment 796582
Just picked this up this afternoon. It was advertised as a 22” frame but when I got there I found it’s a 61cm - the seller measured it wrong. It’s too big for me so will probably be a fix and flip job but I bought it anyway as the condition and quality of components are really good.
The groupset is a Sachs New Success, Campagnolo headset, Cinelli bars/stem, Gipiemme seat post, hubs are Shimano 600. This is all at first glance really but it looks good enough that it’ll tidy up and sell on for a small profit which I can put towards something similar in the correct size hopefully..

Was that the one advertised on Gumtree in MK if so i guess that's why i haven't had a reply

Back