85 Overbury's Peak Finder back from the dead

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Downhills on leaf covered crazy steep slopes when nobody knows where you are is not a strongpoint for this setup. You know how pictures flatten slopes? This was soil yourself fun in the dry on my full sus 29er. Hanging onto the drops on this led to my hopping off before the sharp turn that I knew I couldn’t brake for.

The panaracer gripped well. The super sharp steering meant catching slides was becoming fun by the end of the ride.

I think I have a set of brake levers to suit this build Jason will try a dig them out tomoz for some picture for you.

That would be very kind but these are v compatible and I’d have to retape and re cable etc. So not to worry. Thanks all the same.

It is rather good fun though!

I tried scratching this particular itch a few years ago with less success.

Dragged this out for a pootle. BB was awful. Stripped it down and got a shock. There must have been some caustic left rattling around in the frame since October............

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_381.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_381.jpeg
    139.4 KB · Views: 399
The History Man":1dbn9d2u said:
Dragged this out for a pootle. BB was awful. Stripped it down and got a shock. There must have been some caustic left rattling around in the frame since APRIL 2017............

Corrected :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Wondering what else it could have reached. Seatpost? Bike stored upright and hopefully nothing else alloy. STEEL IS REAL :cool:

Back