60cm 1980's Rossin Record Frameset

Andy92

Retro Newbie

ROSSIN RECORD COLUMBUS SL VINTAGE ROAD RACE FRAME 1980s complete with Campagnolo Record headset.

Up for sale is this lovely classic hand built Rossin Columbus SL Road Race Frame from the 1980s. I recently bought it but have finally decided that it is just slightly to small, which to be honest, I'm gutted about. It has just been professionally refurbished with Rossin and Columbus decals. The paint finish is a stunning and lustrous flamboyant blue with all the "Rossin" pantographed parts picked out in white. The forks are chromed as are the dropouts and drive-side chainstay. The frame comes complete with a very smooth Campagnolo Nuovo Record Headset from the 1980s.

Rossin have been one of the leading Italian frame builders and can be mentioned in the same breath as Colnago, Pinarello, Battaglin, Ciocc, Benotto and Basso. This particular frame is stunningly beautiful and elegant, constructed with beautiful lugwork. There are several particularly attractive features which include forged Campagnolo dropouts: the forks have a lovely forged sloping crown pantographed with the Rosiin "R" logo; the headtube lug and rear brake bridge are also pantographed with the famous Rossin "R" logo. The seatstay eyes also has the "Rossin" pantograph and the bottom bracket shell an "R" cutout.

The Columbus SL, one of the very lightest steel tubesets, was designed to be used by professional cyclists both in road racing and time trialling. It was a direct competitor to Reynolds 753 and 531. Frames built from Columbus were regularly raced by the top professionals of the time in the Tour de France and one-day Classics.

In terms of condition it can be regarded almost as new. The chrome on the forks is perfect, on the chainstay it is presentable but not perfect. You will not be disappointed! This lovely frame would make a superb basis for a brilliant lightweight retro build with either a top flight Campag, Simplex or Shimano groupset and Mavic wheels!

I also have a Campagnolo Centaur bottom bracket which can also go with the bike at cost.

I do have more pictures I can send to you if you're interested but I can't post them in the ad due to the file size.

Specification:

Frame and Forks: Columbus SL
Brazed-on bottle cage bosses
Brazed-on gear lever bosses
Brazed-on bottom bracket cable guides
Forged Campagnolo dropouts
Campagnolo Nuovo Record Strada headset

Dimensions:

Seat tube (centre-to-centre): 59cm
Seat tube (centre-to-top): 60cm
Top tube (centre-to-centre): 57cm
Head tube: 17cm