3 grand for a cracked titanium frame

What am i missing here. This seems to be more about a comedy advert rather than the sale.
Quick question: have ebay changed their selling terms / limits? I wanted to list something costing over a grand a few years ago on my almost a decade-and-a-half old ebay account in good standing, where I had well over 200 sales, and... NOTHING DOING. I was only -ALLOWED- (WTF??? WHY would a site that makes its money the more volume and the higher the value the items that someone sells go to??) something like 750 quid total sold value PER MONTH!!!! I saw that one could REQUEST (ugh) for that total to be increased, and they would give it due consideration (again, WHAT?) but after some DIRECT COMMUNICATION with ebay CS (this was apparently I I hadn't sold stuff for a few months and they said something to the tune of "sell more and your limit will go up, but HOW TF does that help me if I SUDDENLY NEED TO SELL AN ITEM OF HIGHER VALUE than my average sold item - and again, I was not looking to sell a milion pound supercar, FFS!!!), it turned out it was harder to get that limit lifted or even increased AT ALL than it was to get my overdraft increased from 100 to 200 at Shitsander! Yes, I was mostly selling lower priced stuff (20-80 each, occasionally up to 180 or so) and not tons of it, but what I'm saying in my annoyed rant is how does this chap with 6 lifetime total FB and ZERO SALES have NO PROBLEM listing an item for 3000?? I can only guess things at ebay have changed and they abandoned that absurd policy, yes?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I am the owner of a cracked medium ATB frame (minor crack at the top tube/set-tube joint), no name, brake posts only, but nice-looking (not Sandvik-nice, but still) - how much should I look to ask for it? Any ideas? Any offers?
I think you'll need to take it on a photoshoot or two first?!

I am the owner of a cracked medium ATB frame (minor crack at the top tube/set-tube joint), no name, brake posts only, but nice-looking (not Sandvik-nice, but still) - how much should I look to ask for it? Any ideas? Any offers?

There's a thread for that. But I'd say no more than around 50 quid.

The issue here is of mis-selling titanium as some wonder material that's indestructible and lasts forever. IME, titanium bikes (especially boutique ones) do not make good do it all commuter bikes, and are better suited for gentle Sunday morning rides.

Last edited:
Quick question: have ebay changed their selling terms / limits? I wanted to list something costing over a grand a few years ago on my almost a decade-and-a-half old ebay account in good standing, where I had well over 200 sales, and... NOTHING DOING. I was only -ALLOWED- (WTF??? WHY would a site that makes its money the more volume and the higher the value the items that someone sells go to??) something like 750 quid total sold value PER MONTH!!!! I saw that one could REQUEST (ugh) for that total to be increased, and they would give it due consideration (again, WHAT?) but after some DIRECT COMMUNICATION with ebay CS (this was apparently I I hadn't sold stuff for a few months and they said something to the tune of "sell more and your limit will go up, but HOW TF does that help me if I SUDDENLY NEED TO SELL AN ITEM OF HIGHER VALUE than my average sold item - and again, I was not looking to sell a milion pound supercar, FFS!!!), it turned out it was harder to get that limit lifted or even increased AT ALL than it was to get my overdraft increased from 100 to 200 at Shitsander! Yes, I was mostly selling lower priced stuff (20-80 each, occasionally up to 180 or so) and not tons of it, but what I'm saying in my annoyed rant is how does this chap with 6 lifetime total FB and ZERO SALES have NO PROBLEM listing an item for 3000?? I can only guess things at ebay have changed and they abandoned that absurd policy, yes?

I think it is £3500 or x amount of listings on new or infrequently used selling accounts.

Back