3 grand for a cracked titanium frame

Tommylurve

Retro Guru
Feedback
View

What am i missing here. This seems to be more about a comedy advert rather than the sale.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Description

"
I'm sure we can all agree that £3,000 is an aspirational price for a broken bike frame, even one with the special qualities of titanium. But what if it was a unique work of art? The sky would be the limit! In fact, £3,000 might now seem like a bargain.

What would make it art, you ask? Well, what makes anything art. Alas this is not something we can get into in an eBay listing, other than to say that art often involves a muse. This irreparable frame has been just that for me, as you can see from the photos of it on tour after its third and final crack. (Thank goodness it didn't crack four times, as I'm charging per crack.)

To be clear, I'm not making claims that this is a work of art or has any particular value except to the most discerning of collectors. However it is indeed suitable for hanging or just sitting around as a fascinating conversation piece. I'll even sign it if you like.

Comes with bottom bracket – I can't get it out – but not the headset as pictured, sorry."

I chat to a couple of enigma guys as I run the enigma owners group on fb. I might ask the next time we talk.

My experience of enigma has been totally positive I must say. I’ve had no issues but anything I’ve needed has been really easy to do

I am the owner of a cracked medium ATB frame (minor crack at the top tube/set-tube joint), no name, brake posts only, but nice-looking (not Sandvik-nice, but still) - how much should I look to ask for it? Any ideas? Any offers?

I am the owner of a cracked medium ATB frame (minor crack at the top tube/set-tube joint), no name, brake posts only, but nice-looking (not Sandvik-nice, but still) - how much should I look to ask for it? Any ideas? Any offers?
Could offer this chap a swap?

Back