Wanted 29er Forks

lewiscc

Dirt Disciple
Hey folks,

I'm on the hunt for some good but cheap and well-loved 29er forks, 100-120mm travel, straight steerer, QR if possible - am relatively flexible so could could accomodate a tapered fork.

I've picked up a Trek Marlin for my other half but the Suntour fork on it is atrocious and weights a tonne!

Ta!

I do have a set of absolutely mint rebas in white. They have a tapered steerer. Barely a mark on them, fully serviced. I fitted them to my 29er but changed them out for revs as the frame could take the travel and the black matched the bike slightly better.

Ooh I wasn't expecting a response so quickly!

What is the axle and how long is the steerer? Also how much would you be looking for in return?

Cheers,
Lewis

It's got 15mm axle. Not sure of the steerer length but it fits a large 29er. I'm not near the forks for a while so can't measure up or I'd confirm the exact size.

Best I can do for now is provide this link to the build they were on before I swapped to the black revs it's now wearing all g with a few other changes resulting in everything fitted being pretty black. Now I look at the pics as it was I do like how it looked a lot.

I might have another set in black, need to check when I can get to my garage to see what I still have as it's been a while since I've touched the fork stash and I can't remember what I have and what I've sold.

Ooh yeah well based on the head tube of that On One it'd be fine, the head tube on the Marlin is quite petite.

They look lovely, but yeah I'd be keen to see anything else you might have. I was deliberately looking for well-loved to keep the costs low and those look basically new! Also if it's a 15mm TA I'll need to source another front wheel which is fine but again a good reason to keep the cost low.

I doubt my SO would even care but the Suntour coil fork is just so heavy and awful I don't want it in my house :LOL:

I know what you mean. I've helped a mate buy a bike which was a bargain marinfor £20. It doesn't need much other than a new chain and fettle but I feel I must improve some of the parts, just to make it better, lighter and more 2
Enjoyable to ride. The Sync suspension forks are on the list, I've nothing in the stash other than rebas or Sid's really and while I can't really afford to give them away to him, I can probably justify it as a wedding gift as he's getting married next week. I'm doing the full drive train as well, SRAM x5 and grip shift isn't my cup of tea, I keep forgetting it's not my bike but I'll thank myself and hopefully he will appreciate it.

Haha it's hard not to want to improve the bike!

I've already got a list of things to do but my SO has no interest - inevitably I am going to end up buying upgrades just because I think they need to happen even though I'm not riding!

Honestly, it's just an excuse for me to tinker. At this point I'm pretty sure I prefer building and maintenance over riding!

If you fancy getting rid of them and have a price let me know, they look like lovely forks!

I've got a thoroughly modern boost thru axle Reba with tapered steerer still on the starting bid on eBay ending this weekend or Monday? £150 plus postage

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back