24er project DMR Rhythm 2020 NOS rebuild P3

Cool as FReAK! :p

I've had my eye on a pair of Contra / Ception tyres for a while now but I know how much difference tyre width can make on a 24er - remember swapping my wide Comp IIIs for a narrower pair on my old Sidekick many years ago and the difference was enormous.

Thanks!

It's currently in a few pieces. Stopped using so didn't get wrecked/stolen. in true N+1 nature, I'm building the black one back up as a stealth bike too, only prob is I want a fresh powdercoat on it or some other 'finish', I noticed it doesn't rust much so maybe bare... Also I may have got excited with power tools again and shortened the chainstay length.

Attachments

• rhythm small.jpg
    rhythm small.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 449
Raw would look great and good job on the dropouts - older DMRs definitely had plenty of room for adjustment :LOL:

I did a raw/red BMX frame earlier this year which turned out pretty good . . .
Edx-f5mXgAIA89m

Thanks, I'd been brewing up ideas in mundane parts of the day to modernise the rear for fun, but actually just went nuts with a drill and file one night! :LOL: half regretted it, but I think with tensioners they'll slot in there nicely, The drop outs looked super long with the extra 10mm or so, so chipped a bit off with a cutting disc. Also I've already cut the cable guides off for TWO gear mechs! so it's not perfect but makes it mine. Keep seeing nice dark metallic grey on cars, thats been the plan or a dark silver grey. I'd rattle canned it over zinc spray but not seen any rust at all!
Your BMX looks ace! shiny, very similar to a finish on my NS which also is a kind of grey metallic with rust peeking in fading to bright colour. Might rub the paint off myself and see what happens or see if coaters have a semi transparent option.

Attachments

• rhythm drops small.jpg
    rhythm drops small.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 426
Fellow DMR enthusiant here and really like the big bmx build. Currently have a sidekick in the garage with a set of dirt jumpers on that crying out to be built up, but after reading this thread I may take that bike in a different direction now.

Back