24 Heure du Mans 2009

My dad and his mate did Le Jog in an XK150, and they are what you might call mature gentlemen, so anyone around our age should be able to do it fine :D

Never been to Le Mans, would love to go at some point though.

Just a month to go and starting to get pretty excited after Spa 1000kms on Sunday. Who's making the trip and anyone for drinkies on Maison Blanche on Friday night? Mini RetroBike meet on foreign soil!

Si

Dr S":2ezelzfc said:
Just a month to go and starting to get pretty excited after Spa 1000kms on Sunday. Who's making the trip and anyone for drinkies on Maison Blanche on Friday night? Mini RetroBike meet on foreign soil!

Si

Sounds like a plan! :)
We're on the Thurs 6am Dover-Dunkerque.

Wu-Tangled":33ipww88 said:
not this year for me now.

have fun chaps.
:cry:

Thats a shame Wu, not a chance of making it? got a spare camping pass for Bleu Nord if you want it?

Ziggy":33ipww88 said:
Sounds like a plan!
We're on the Thurs 6am Dover-Dunkerque

Where are you staying Ziggy? We'll be on Maison Blanche and arrive around mid afternoon on Friday. Its a 700 mile trip for us so probably won't be going far on Friday night but will be making the most of the chest freezer full of beer in the back of the truck :LOL: :D :LOL: :D
Look for a yellow Mercedes Vito and a red Porsche 930 Turbo next to a big blue Gazebo with a huge Gulf Flag and Yarkshire rose flying above it.

Only 25 days to the off!!

Si

We're on BSJ again - really must get round to booking earlier next year & trying somewhere else, but we've got a few cars going so it'll be all good still.

Not sure on plans for Fri, but I expect we'll manage to find you - sounds fairly conspicuous! I'll probably be wobbling around on a green & orange Saracen. :LOL:

Ziggy":fsuzdw44 said:
We're on BSJ again - really must get round to booking earlier next year & trying somewhere else, but we've got a few cars going so it'll be all good still.

Not sure on plans for Fri, but I expect we'll manage to find you - sounds fairly conspicuous! I'll probably be wobbling around on a green & orange Saracen. :LOL:

Yes, retro steeds at LM. As you will be aware there is a culture of taking a £20 bike from out of the local rag and then leaving it behind. Usually crappy Halfords specials, but it broke my heart two years back when The Hoo Koo E Koo that someone abandoned on Bleu Sud wouldn't fit in the van- still I took the thumbies and mechs :)

Have you seen Beermountain.com's 1664 Flying Chopper sqadron do the display on the friday morning?? I will dig out a pic or two

Dr S":piylhn87 said:
Yes, retro steeds at LM. As you will be aware there is a culture of taking a £20 bike from out of the local rag and then leaving it behind. Usually crappy Halfords specials, but it broke my heart two years back when The Hoo Koo E Koo that someone abandoned on Bleu Sud wouldn't fit in the van- still I took the thumbies and mechs :)

Have you seen Beermountain.com's 1664 Flying Chopper sqadron do the display on the friday morning?? I will dig out a pic or two

Might pick something cheap up with the intention of dumping it, but knowing me I'd just bring it back & have even less room in the garage...!

Not seen the chopper display - sounds like something not to be missed again! :LOL:

They are great. They ride past MB/ Bleu in formation behind a Willys Jeep with the Dambusters tune on. They wear White flying suits, fake tashes, helmets and a row of medals each whilst smoking pipes. They then go onto the start finish straight and do a red arrows act complete with smoke canisters.

Back