BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Bontrager Fan
Feedback
View
OH NO, MIKE MUZ GOES MODERN!

Having recently tried out something different,

viewtopic.php?f=41&t=367228

I came to the conclusion that something a bit more modern would be welcome. I liked the 27+ bike, but the idea of huge tyres soaking up my fitness, was one that didn't appeal at all. I was quite surprised at the lightness of the + bike though, and concluded that 29" was the way to go. Again. :facepalm:

Confirmed when I saw a lovely bike for sale on here in my proper size, but with 26" wheels, looked out of proportion.

So, the search was on, for something not stupidly expensive, but light and comfortable. There were three on my watchlist.
A Trek Superfly 5, but I wasn't a fan of the bent downtube design, and having ridden one at the lbs, wasn't overly enamoured with the bike.
Second was a Giant XTC, but I wasn't confident about the seller, seemed very confused about my questions .
Then there was the Scott. It looked nice and being the same size I tried out, I knew it would fit. Then along comes Mr Wookie and sends me a link to a new one! :shock:
New, but 2015 model.

Thanks to Ringo, who generously picked it up and boxed it for me, it arrived today.

Feels like Christmas!
WP_20170516_12_51_35_Pro[1] by Mike Murray, on Flickr

Although bloody hot!

WP_20170516_13_03_29_Pro[1] by Mike Murray, on Flickr

Getting there!

WP_20170516_14_59_34_Pro[1] by Mike Murray, on Flickr

Ta-da! Look at the size of those bars! :shock:

Lots of stickers and reflectors to remove :roll:

WP_20170516_14_59_58_Pro[1] by Mike Murray, on Flickr

Think the lock out cable needs a trim!

WP_20170516_15_00_17_Pro[1] by Mike Murray, on Flickr

Looks plenty upright!

WP_20170516_15_03_33_Pro[1] by Mike Murray, on Flickr

Brakes may stay this way,

WP_20170516_15_38_26_Pro[1] by Mike Murray, on Flickr

See how I get on with it.

It came with lots of the original paperwork/booklets etc, bought in January 2015

Need to sort out the headset first, needs some proper grease. And SPD pedals

Mike

Re:

Get on it mate...I bet after a few happy rides, you'll be looking to change/upgrade bits!...be careful though this path leads to the dark side, filled with carbon and Ti!

Re:

Thank you for the warning! I'll bare it in mind!

Someone told me when I first got on here, 'you have one now, but . . . "

You can guess the rest! :LOL: :LOL:

DICKO10":2re4uqpo said:
It's all down hill from here mike you will be flying round mayhem on that and stopping!!!

May be my night laps bike. Or my 'oh, my back's fcuked' bike! :LOL: :LOL:

Re: Re:

kyle888":3k8kkp8u said:
Nice! :cool:
I'm guessing that seatpost wasn't the right height in that one photo :shock:

Kyle

Yup!

Just above the minimum insert line, but there's still enough in the frame for me not to be nervous at all.

Mike

Re:

Here's a question THM. How can an octave have seven notes?

Now ready for it's maiden ride ! :cool: Shame the weather is cr-p at the moment! :roll:

Back