2015-04-19 Ballater Aftermath

Re:

nice wee vid, but even better, if i'm allowed to say, is the Kiasmos Burnt track :oops:

that is first class ZZ, it's playing on youtube right now!

your blairadam vid has the JH asleep versions playing behind it, i reckon we may have a similar taste in music! :cool:

edit: just bought the cd on ebay! :D

Ha, the Kiasmos track was a random pick because the length matched the video :) I think it was part of an 'Erased Tapes' free download. Nice enough track though. I was surprised at how much I liked the Jon Hopkins CD after initially giving up on it.... Turned out to be my CD of the year in the annual (excuse for a night out) Christmas top 10 with friends.

Re:

Great vid ZZ ! It made it look steeper than I remember and the path looked narrower with a bigger drop to the left. If I'd seen the vid before I went I would've thought no way was I going down there. :shock:

On a footnote , the cheapo shoes are all glued together to be used for commuting only. No more hard work for them.

Re:

Just seen the video ZZ, excellent. Brings back the vertigo horror of the Quirang for me though, not sure I would have managed the traverse.

Here's part 2 - The Green Mile... Well worth the climb, and a great end to the day. I'm guessing it must get a bit greener later in the year :)

It was boggy and slow at first, but the video starts once it firms up... Lovely flowing singletrack, mostly pointing downwards. Firm, rocky and occasionally rooty - one of those tracks you'd want to ride and again and again, you can see the speed would be there once you were familiar with it.

Chasing Andy at the start, who by this time was down to one shoe that would stay on his pedal thanks to a burst sole, and then later trying to keep up with Jim, his loose headset, canti brakes and 20 odd year old front fork. The man can ride. Bonus crash footage at the end :) Obviously.

https://vimeo.com/126744836

Great video, that really is a lovely bit of trail. Need to go back in summer once I've got a bit of confidence back.
Just a pity there's no sound of you ringing your bell in distress as you keeled over!

Latest posts

Back