2014 National Events Planning Thread

I have informed DrystonePaul via the AEC forum that MacRetro do not wish to take part in the National MTB Series 2014. Not heard back on that yet but I cannot see a problem unless there is some obligation an area group has ?

Either way folks should put their thinking caps on for one big meet in 2014 much like Aviemore but without the Retrobike National Series responsibility that we can promote within MacRetroland.

Where and when do we really, really want to ride in 2014 ?

sorta totally missed this thread :oops: despite the pm's :oops: :oops:

certainly up for getting on with it and having a big ride in our own back yard :D missed aviemore last time and would relish a visit in 2014 :cool:

as for the road ride, looks like my I'erocia plan's up in smoke so need a opportunity to ride some retro steel. similar to the mtb ride I think the ride should be somewhere between the macretro in central belt and the macretro in the (far) north, plenty of scope there :LOL: would be happy to try to pull it together if it appeals

Excellent, although Kaisers got the 5 ferries planning underway for July 5th I think, that would make a good retro road ride. Getting another sorted though would also be good and thus as our roady DAEC, get stuck in please !

Drystonepaul, retrobike national events coordinator has replied:
Thanks for coming back with such an honest decision on this. Although it'll be a shame not to include MacRetro in the series I also completely understand the very rational reasons why you are choosing not to.
I would like to suggest that at least one Scottish event is billed as a Retrobike 'special' event which is advertised with equal prominence as the rest of the series.

There may still be a few people who would want to put in a big journey for a northern epic

Thus when we've sorted out our final 2014 calendar we should choose one event to push as a Retrobike Special meet but is not part of the National series.

So pressures off, lets make 2014 a great one :D

Back