2012-03-25 - Pitmedden Aftermath

mikee":2nxks6z2 said:
just re-read that , shed should know where to go , ive dragged him round
there a bit recently

@rob
you been sitting on your arse a lot recently dad?

Get it up yeah! :LOL:

I'll be heading there with the kids in the easter hols, pitmedden seems to be growing, perfect location too. I cycled past it on the road bike last week I know what i'd rather have been doing.

TK - GPS route data here.

If I had young 'uns in tow, I'd be inclined not to park at the car park at the bottom, but head on up the road - there's parking at the top of the first big climb (about 4.1 miles in on the GPS route, zoom in on the map and you'll see it on the RHS of the road). You'd have a wee bit of a climb up to top of Turflundie, but it's not too bad from there.

Oh aye, if you want to do a recce before Easter, LET ME KNOW! :D

Cheers Zigzag, they've got to get back to the car at some point so having all the climb at the start might be better - unless there is one half way up.

I'd love to do a recce but the lichty nichts are in so it is likely to be an evening run.

How long did that take?

2h40m :oops: There were a couple of big stops, honest.

If you fancy an evening run, I could work from home that day. Any day bar Wednesday, just give me a few days notice. Might get a few of the other east coast usual suspects coming out to play too.

Hmm, time to revive Midweek Moontains?

could do a mid week one ,but need a bit of warning , due to babysitting
requirements (daughters getting driving lessons mid week :roll: )

friday could be good too

Looks lovely that.Nice weather and good conditions :D

Doesnt matter how long it takes really :? Any other trip you guys do will pale into all insignificance compared to the Cullins miracle.[It was a miracle none of you got sunstroke :LOL:)

Back