2009 Merida Carbon hardtail

It looks like 'freeride/dh' gearing ratios but on a XC bike :twisted:
Or possibly massively powerful leg gearing.

Merida

The Mech can't be dropped any lower due to the chainstay fouling the forks.

Studying the build, bit eclectic really, should be a lightweight XC build? Yet has Talas forks and four pot brakes.

I'm always worried about carbon frames on an MTB & smacking a tube against a tree/rock etc, IMHO just too fragile for off road use?

Re: Merida

Wold Ranger":68aqf6tu said:
The Mech can't be dropped any lower due to the chainstay fouling the forks.

:LOL:

the cage of the mech is very close to the chainstay already yeh? ;)

loving the merida :cool: :cool: bill are local merida rep keep waving them at me every time he comes in i gotta say they are one well built frame they dont aim for silly super fly weights but they are no where near heavy yet bloody strong like i say i love it mate i was torn between that frame you have and the giant xtc alliance 0 frame i only went with the giant as i know it'll fit me like glove and was silly cheap on staff rate :cool: :cool:

Basic frame weight is 1200g

Talas forks are overkill,going for some DTSwiss 80mm travel instead,gearing is dura ace 11-23t and a 36t up front,got this on the Kona and saves me changing as i can keep it in granny a lot longer with road block on the back.

Nice bike, was looking at the Merida bikes at last years Bikefest and the carbon stuff caught my eye then.

Interesting take on the gearing too, I thought a normal duo setup was to use 2 bigger chainrings an a 11-34 block?

Back