Re: 2003 Santa Cruz Superlight

Here is mine (well now my sons)

Attachments

• Santa Cruz1.jpg
    Santa Cruz1.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 970
Re:

And mine.

Its a 1999 with a 2002 swingarm as I trashed the first one along with the rear mech (no replaceable dropouts :facepalm: ) All good though as the new swingarm had diskmounts.

Has been in the garage seeing little use for 10 years...but its back.

Attachments

• WP_20150312_003.jpg
    WP_20150312_003.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 932
I know its been gone through before elsewhere...but can I get a 120mm fork on it. It designed for 80-100mm I know. Anybody tried?

And yours is the anodized finish so what year is it - 2003? What fork size do Santa Cruz recommend?

beauf":3bqqilew said:
And yours is the anodized finish so what year is it - 2003? What fork size do Santa Cruz recommend?

I think so, it was the last year it was made in the USA. Santa Cruz would recommend the fork that was designed to use on the bike...for liability reasons.....the longer travel fork slackened the head angle for a more aggressive ride. I'm 6' and 215lbs....I jump and rode this bike aggressively with no issues.....I have since given it to my son who is A LOT lighter so I'm not worried. I moved on to a Giant Anthem.

Re:

Back in 2002 when I was living in Santa cruz and one of my buddies had a 2001 super light with a 5 inch travel psylo. Dirt jumped the hell out that bike. Stinger then they look.

Back