2002 Rocky Mountain Blizzard

Re: Re:

shedobits":38xo5iq2 said:
Just came here from the "Todays Ride" thread, could you tell us how it rides? It looks a keeper.

Hi. A lot of people say the frame feels dead compared to other 853 frames, having never rode another one (not that i know of :facepalm: ) i cant really comment on that. But comparing it to the countless other steel frames i have rode, i can say it actually suprised me.

It feels stiffer than others but still is forgiving and comfortable like any other steel frame. It also feels light, even with the heavy parts fitted.

The main difference i notice is how direct the drive is due to the frame not flexing as much, it is very quick and climbs really well. The forks are a bit long for the frame so the front is too light on steep climbs but i run a lot of sag so on any other terrain it feels pretty good.

I am seriously thinking of keeping it as i find it hard to fault really. I will have to see how my new frame feels before i make any decisions :)

Mark

I own a 2002 blizzard too , really great ride mines a 19 1/2" frame which is bit small for me at 6 half feet tall, i run fox f-90s forks which are perfect for this bike...
but its a big bmx great for bunny hopping & flinging about great fun ,
i also have a 1999 hammer race 21" reynolds 525 this is no where near the blizzard in riding performance ,
my 2 pence

Last edited:
Back