2002 Roberts Dogs Bolloxs Custom complete

harry.major

Retro Newbie
My Dad had this frame custom built in 2002 (maybe 2003) by Roberts, they also built the bike up for him. In about 2005 he became seriously ill and the bike has sat in the shed ever since. Its a slightly odd build with a real mix of components, but I think that was to get some value out of the build at the time.

The condition is okay. The frame has some chips and dings, and rusting where the chain has taken the paint off of the stay and in other spots. The fork will need a service, but its in good nick, no dings or knocks and still works - although it aint so smooth. Front wheel is good. The rear wheel is less good. In the time in storage it looks like the freehub has given up. The freehub no longer engauges. I no longer live in the UK and don't have any tools with me to open her up and see whats causing the problem. The hub is an XTR HB-M950. I believe replacement freehubs are available and it might be a case that getting it pulled off and cleaning/greasing is all it needs to work. Seatpost isn't stuck and the chris king HS feels like they always do, lovely. Shifting and braking is okay, would benefit from some new cables and a bit of adjustment.

The frame is made of a mix of tubing, as you'd expect from Roberts. Can't tell you what, but it got Ritchey stamped dropouts. :)

Frame size:
TT: 53cm CTC
Effective TT: 55cm CTC
ST: 48cm CTT

Spec:
Custom Chas Roberts Frame
Pace R036 Lock out equiped Magnesium fork
Deore XT MC751 Cranks and mechs
LX Shifters
STX Brake Levers
Thomson Elite Stem and handlebar
Chris King 1/8" HS
Easton EA50 Bar
Selle Italia Saddle
XTR M950 Hubs on Mavic X519 3SH rims built by Harry Rowland
Spec semi slick tyres (for the love of god why!)

I'm a bit out of touch, but I'd like to think it could fetch around £700. Open to offers.
The Bike is in West Norwood London SE27, inspections are available, shipping is possible.

Can't seem to get the pics to show up, too large maybe, but you can see them here:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing

Re:

You might be missing out on sales due to it being placed in the pre 97 section of the forum? Might be worth asking a mod to move it for you to the 1998 onwards section?

Back