2001 Rocky Mountain Element Race

This is a 2000 model made of Easton Elite, in the lava red and black colour option. The 2001 Element Race was made of Easton Ultralite (which despite the name isn't any lighter or stronger than Elite!) I could be wrong, but it looks like a size 19.5 to me (measured centre of bb to top of seat tube). The yellow one in the catalogue picture is a size 18 and you can see how the top and down tubes almost touch as they meet the head tube.
http://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/Bike ... &Type=bike

The rear travel is 2.5", as it's a race bike. I'm not a buyer because I've already got one, but I would certainly agree that it's a very good frame, as testified by the fact that they're still selling them with an identical design even now.

Can you post pics of the stem and bars please? How long is the stem?

Hi ,

I am afraid i will have to disagree with you on some points , this is the element race from 2001 , i still have the original brouchure from when i purschased the bike. The travel is 4" on the rear and i am almost 99% positive it is 18" frame from the original purchase and measuring the seat tube recently

But your right it is still a great bike even by todays standards. The are a few people interested so i will offer them first refusal on the bar and stem as they are good condition as they were taken off at the time of purchase

STONEMONKEY22":2fj33jke said:
I am afraid i will have to disagree with you on some points , this is the element race from 2001 , i still have the original brouchure from when i purschased the bike. The travel is 4" on the rear and i am almost 99% positive it is 18" frame from the original purchase and measuring the seat tube recently
Surely that is the 2000 brochure? All the colours are right for 2000, and some of the models there weren't sold in 2001. The 2001 Element Race was made of Ultralite, not Elite HBO. The Element went from 2.5" travel to 3" just a couple of years ago - it's the ETSX that has 4".

But I don't want to detract from what you're saying. It's a high class frame, built in the Rocky Mountain factory in Canada (they've been built in Taiwan since c2005) and it comes with a good-quality shock. I don't know the difference between Elite HBO (stands for hand-build only incidentally) and regular Elite, but I would imagine that Elite HBO is a higher-class tubeset than Ultralite if anything. £150 doesn't seem much.

Back