2000 Kona Score 15" Titanium MTB Frame New / Unridden $1300

oldbmx

Retro Newbie
Asking $1300 USD Plus Shipping and Paypal Fees.
Will be professionally packed and Shipped from a a Bicycle shop in Providence, Rhode Island (USA).

This is a like new, UNRIDDEN KONA Score Titanium Hardtail Frame. Made by TST in USA.
These are VERY rare. Hard to find in any condition, but this is in like new/un-ridden condition with original Glow in the dark decals.

I believe this one was from a complete bike that was never ridden. I bought the frame in 2005 from a shop in AZ USA. It has marks from being assembled, but was not ridden. Has a few marks in the decals (The decals are very delicate).

Before I ever built it up, I bought 29" complete bike and never went back to it. I only installed wheels and a seatpost before taking it back down to the bare frame. It has been in a box in storage since.

15" Frame Size
26" Wheels
Serial #: KS15020 (Size 15, number 20)
Top Tube Length: 21.7"
Stand-Over Height: 28.6" (with 100mm travel fork)
Frame Weight: 1670gm/3.6 lbs
Bi-axially ovalized and oversize gusseted down tube
Oversize Seat tube
Thick wall Head tube (for standard External Cup 1 1/8" headset)
Designed for a 100-125mm travel Fork.
30.0mm seat post (I will verify this with caliper measurement, and may be able to provide a 27.2 adapter shim
Uses a 34.9mm clamp Top-Pull front derailleur,
34.9mm seat collar
68mm bottom bracket Shell width
Brake line/ full housing guides for rear Disc brake
ISO Disc Brake mount
V-Brake Bosses (posts not included)

It was to be a very limited release complete bike in their 2000-2001 "Out of Bounds" line ( "All mountain", or "Freeride Hardtail"). Kona stopped making them after a limited production run. Possibly only a few complete bikes were sold, and the rest of the frames were closed out to dealers.

I am not sure if this was originally one of the Factory complete bikes, or a custom assembled frame, I bought it as a frame only. I started to mock up a build to check the fit, so it has had a wheel in the dropouts, and a seat collar and post in it. I have not pressed in a headset or installed a BB crank or fork in the frame. Aside from a few nicks in the decals from being moved around, it looks perfect/like new. The decals are very thin surface decals (no clearcoat), with Glow-in the dark accents, which , unfortunately, are very delicate, so most of the frames you see have had the original decals removed.

Please Message for more photos, measurements, or info. There's not a lot of info on these frames. I have even spoken to our Shop's Kona sales rep. about it, and even Kona no longer has much info on it either.

Attachments

• Kona Score.jpg
    Kona Score.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 337
  • KS Front Triangle.jpg
    KS Front Triangle.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 337
  • KS SN.jpg
    KS SN.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 337
  • KS Rear Triangle.jpg
    KS Rear Triangle.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 337
Re:

Hello there,

I see this frame is still up for sale – I have a record of your previous advert for it last year.

This frame also briefly features on page 3 of a thread for my own 18” Score that I bought in July this year.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=371784

You may get more response for this current advert if it was posted in the “For Sale 1998 -->” section, but a Moderator will need to move this thread for you.

Best of luck with the sale,

Pip.

Back