2 x Pace RC35 forks - SOLD

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
As part of my clearout, I am trying to shift things that have been sitting around for some time, or awaiting me to fettle them, and actually get on with that fettling. Here we have a couple of things that fall into the latter category. First things first though; Please respond to the thread, them PM as this keeps everything open and fair. Cheeky PMs will be ignored.

First off, the fork prices are without steerer/crown race. The earlier RC35s are pictured with a steerer and crown race to prove it exists and fits. Both are available for an extra £10 with a fork. I also have a 1 1/8 steerer and crown race shim I can do for the same price with a fork if you wanted, you'd just need to source a 1 1/4 to 1 1/8 shim to fit it to the crown (which I am sure you can get from justbackdated for a small fee).

Fork 1 - Pace RC35 Atmosphere Balanced - £65 (now £60)
Lovely forks, pretty tidy condition with unusual decals, one side is as you would expect (PACE), the other has 'RC Series' decals which I think look great and are a break from the norm too. As you would expect, the decals have a little wear, but the carbon is unmarked. Chrome brace is tidy too, a few small spots of surface rust, but nothing major or that affects them structurally, not bad for a fork that is over 20 years old. Speaking of age, you should not have issues with elastomers, as I have replaced these with some new ones. They aren't pace ones, but they are the same in terms of internal and external diameter, so almost a perfect match. Length wise, the internal stack is now made up of 4 elastomers rather than the traditional 2, but aside from that, the elastomers are new and work well (I wish I knew what hardness they were, but I'm sorry I don't, but they feel like a medium/hard I guess). As a result the fork compresses and rebounds through travel nicely.

Have I missed any details? Oh yes, it comes with the rocker assembly (usually a part that is missing, and the fitttings often cut off to tidy the brace), seals are in good condition too, all in all a great example of an early suspension fork from the carbon masters at pace.

Pace RC35 MX? - £70 (now £60)[/color - SOLD]
I believe that this is an RC35 MXC. It is a lovely looking fork, as I have added some nos blue anno bling that I got from Fork English/Justbackdated for my Pace project, but this has never really taken off, so forks and all may as well go to a good home.

The forks have an elastomer/spring mix of my own making. The elastomers in the fork when I got it were as you would expect, mush (though at least the pace ones hold their shape rather than ruining the inside of the lowers). I replaced these with either 3 or 4 new (pace direct) elastomers in each leg, and a spring to make up the rest of the travel (spring at the top, elastomers at the bottom, they won't fit the other way round due to the taper on the leg. I wish I'd taken pics of this before putting back together, but I wasn't expecting to be selling them). This actually works really well, as you get some damping properties from the elastomers, and the spring travel as well (I can include the elastomer spacers not used in the fork currently in the sale, just in case you wish to go back to all elastomer.

Speaking of damping, there is a damper in the fork, but I can't say if it works or not as I have not fitted these to anything and ridden the since building up. The damper seems to have an air valve on top, but I have no idea how to get at it without popping out the plastic cap underneath the damper dial, and I didn't want to break anything so left that well alone. I'm sure it is possible to do, or perhaps there is even a valve adapter that can be sourced to add/remove air? The plastic top cap from the other leg has a hole drilled in it - no idea why, serves no purpose at all, I'd put a sticker on it to cover it up, or if you wanted to go a little crazy, I do have a nos damper dial that you could fit, and fool your friends into thinking it has dual damping?

The lowers are in fine condition too, with no markings to the carbon and original pace foils are present on the lower legs (one has a bit of the top left corner missing, but not really noticeable). The crown is also in great shape, not much in the way of marking either.

The blue bling owes me at least £40, new elastomers at least £10, and the springs I used came from a nos Judy type 3 upgrade kit that cost me £20, so it owes me at least £10 as I only used the two longer springs from the kit. The parts added to create the fork come in at £60, so postage on top of that will be about £5, so the rest of the fork is only costing £5- bargain :LOL: Nearly forgot, I do have a nos kit that contains all but the rocker itself, so all springs, bolts, washers etc - I can throw this in if it is of use.

If I am way out on my prices, do let me know as I would rather these were used as intended and adorn a retro bike, than sit in my garage (though I could decorate my garage with page forks through the ages at the moment, which might be cool actually, and they'd all be working too).

Attachments

• IMAG1011.jpg
    IMAG1011.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 821
  • IMAG1012.jpg
    IMAG1012.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 821
Re: 2 x Pace RC35 forks

RC35 AB pics

Attachments

• IMAG1013.jpg
    IMAG1013.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 819
  • IMAG1014.jpg
    IMAG1014.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 819
  • IMAG1015.jpg
    IMAG1015.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 819
  • IMAG1016.jpg
    IMAG1016.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 819
Re: 2 x Pace RC35 forks

RC35 MCX pics

Attachments

• IMAG1017.jpg
    IMAG1017.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 818
  • IMAG1020.jpg
    IMAG1020.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 818
  • IMAG1022.jpg
    IMAG1022.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 818
  • IMAG1023.jpg
    IMAG1023.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 818
  • IMAG1024.jpg
    IMAG1024.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 818
Re:

On he first set for £60, What size steerer does the crown take? and can you supply with a 1 1/8th threaded steerer tube?

Latest posts

Back