1998'ish (2017) Kona Honzo Ti

IMG_0635.jpeg IMG_0636.jpeg IMG_0637.jpeg 1697124827918.png

I remember visiting the backcountry.com page every day before work because the honzo ti was on close out. There were 3 large for sale…. Then 2… then for a few weeks there was only 1. I proudly told myself I had enough bikes (had a raijin singlespeed and a 26” yeti.)

And then there there were none and I felt regret.

Sold the yeti and lived ss only for a few years. Bought a hardtail for bikepacking (tranny 29), sold that hardtail at end of trip.

5 years have passed and I’m still looking for a honzo ti. And one day I found a medium on Craigslist, bought it and it’s too small, I couldn’t keep the front weighted. Sold to a friend and somehow found a large.

Not super light but ok. Love the short chain stays. I’d like to put a 140 fork on it. It’s exactly the bike I wanted.

View attachment 786676View attachment 786677View attachment 786678View attachment 786675

I remember visiting the backcountry.com page every day before work because the honzo ti was on close out. There were 3 large for sale…. Then 2… then for a few weeks there was only 1. I proudly told myself I had enough bikes (had a raijin singlespeed and a 26” yeti.)

And then there there were none and I felt regret.

Sold the yeti and lived ss only for a few years. Bought a hardtail for bikepacking (tranny 29), sold that hardtail at end of trip.

5 years have passed and I’m still looking for a honzo ti. And one day I found a medium on Craigslist, bought it and it’s too small, I couldn’t keep the front weighted. Sold to a friend and somehow found a large.

Not super light but ok. Love the short chain stays. I’d like to put a 140 fork on it. It’s exactly the bike I wanted.
I hear you ! it took me 3 years to find a large... having missed out on a few Medium here in the UK.... the large fits me perfectly (as does my 2016 Large Process 134....). Its a keeper for sure !

Back