1998 Specialized S-Works M2XX

fjpshaw

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Bought this frame off a fellow member a few weeks back as a part homage to my beloved Rockhopper A1 bought back in 1996, but who is sadly no longer with us.

Anyway, this beaut was delivered in January and I've been desperate to get it built up since. Few bits thrown on for now, but the plan is for Ritchey WCS stem, bar, and seatpost, and XTR drivechain. I have a set of Judy DHs which are currently undergoing a full respray/refurb, and a set of Z2s which are also destined for the spray booth and am a bit undecided over which ones will end up on the bike.

Will update when complete, but here she is for now.

Very nice indeed. Looks in great condition and will go like a rocket.
I'm in the process of trying to source a 1999 version to build up. My first ever S Works was the 1999 yellow one, hell of a bike.

Cheers gents. Yes, delighted with the frame and credit to swaneymere for its condition. I've not had it out yet so can't testify to how it handles, but come the weekend all will be known!

And don't worry, the red turbo button on the steerer stack has already been rethought and rearranged thanks to new stem and bars arriving yesterday! :LOL:

So this has moved a little since February. Complete XTR drivetrain now fitted, along with Ritchey WCS post, stem and bars. I had a black WCS stem on there but after the decision to go for white forks, I changed to white. Looks a bit out of place at the moment but will hopefully look better when forks are fitted.

So, forks next (opted for the Z2's in the end, the DH's will find another home), and new saddle at some stage. Nearly there!

Back