1997 X-Lite titanium Pro

BarneyRubble

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hi All,

Time to show off my latest build! I am showing my hand a little early as there are still a couple of changes I want to make to further improve the "Made in England" theme, but that will have to wait for another month!

I have had a titanium itch for a while now (ever since I sold my Xizang, which was a tad too small). I had planned to hold out for a Hei Hei to replace my Lava Dome frame and do a straignt swap of all the components, but they are going for silly money and whenever I had some cash the right size wasn't available. :(

However after weeks of daily perusing of the for sale threads, Nodde appeared with the frame you see below for sale at a very reasonable price. It was my size and a UK brand which also appealed, so I went for it. Inevitably many of the parts from the kona didn't fit, so I started sourcing other bits, (seat post, BB, Bars etc) and then it sort of evolved into more of a UK focussed build. ;) :oops: . So, the forks had to go and the hunt for all things X-Lite, USE, Pace etc. began!

The build below is 80% there - I have used a couple of interim measures to get it built so it is not quite up to my exacting standards, but she's pretty close.

Apologies for the crap background in the pictures, I was excited and just wanted to show her off! :) :oops:

Frame: 1997 X-Lite titanium Pro 20”

Fork: Pace RC-36 Evo 2 Proclass

Headset: Chris King
Stem: Syncros
Handlebar: X-Lite Cross Country
Grips: Race Face
Barends: N/A (although I do have some X-lite nobbies, I’ve avoided the wrath of RB by putting them on risers!)

Brakes: XTR M951
Brake Pads: XTR
Brake Levers: XTR M951

Shifters: Deore 7’s Thumbies
Front Derailleur: XTR M950
Rear Derailleur: XTR M952
Cassette: 8 speed Shimano (road)
Chain: SRAM
Cranks: Race Face Turbine (hoping to change to Middleburn RS7)
Crank Bolts: Shimano
Chainrings: Middleburn
Pedals: Wellgo Modern Alloy CNC Flats (lightest on the market!)

Hub Skewers: Allen Key secure QR’s – no brand
Rims: Mavic517 and Sun Rims CR-18 (not matching at the moment)
Hubs: Hope Ti (rear) Hope Suspension (front)
Nipples: DT
Spokes: DT
Tyres: Maxxis Medusa
Tubes: Cheap generic

Saddle: Selle Italia Flite Alpes
Seatpost: USE Titanium Alien (27.2mm with Cane Creek Shim up to 28.6mm)
Seatpost Binder: X-Lite (original Equipment)

Weight: TBC, but light!

Attachments

• IMAG3015.jpg
    IMAG3015.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 1,301
  • IMAG3018.jpg
    IMAG3018.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 1,301
  • IMAG3020.jpg
    IMAG3020.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 1,301
  • IMAG3023.jpg
    IMAG3023.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 1,301
Re: Re:

SEANSTEPHENS":27ov7zh6 said:
Nice! maybe a splash of purple ano would look even better :)

Sean

Thanks! I'm either going to bed rid of the green and minimise the colour, or go the other way completely, so I'll see what pops up in the for sale thread and let fate decide! :D

Re:

Better pics... :)

Attachments

• IMAG3031.jpg
    IMAG3031.jpg
    272.4 KB · Views: 1,189
  • IMAG3032.jpg
    IMAG3032.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 1,189
  • IMAG3033.jpg
    IMAG3033.jpg
    238.1 KB · Views: 1,189
Awesome!.. nice to see it found a new home :)
It sucks though that the top swing front mech sits right on top of the nice sticker on the frame.. i had the same problem obviously.
Now put on some frame protection patches! :p

NoddE":3paxs6e2 said:
Awesome!.. nice to see it found a new home :)
It sucks though that the top swing front mech sits right on top of the nice sticker on the frame.. i had the same problem obviously.
Now put on some frame protection patches! :p

Thanks NoddE, I love the bike and she has received many compliments at the pub! :) frame protection has been applied, but post photos obviously. :)

Latest posts

Back