1997 Saracen 853 Kili Comp, 88 Specialized - Finished pics

Re: 1997 Saracen 853 Kili Comp, 88 Specialized Rockhopper

That Kili frame looks in fantastic condition. I had one of them and they are great riders. The Rockhopper looks timewarp fresh as well.

You certainly aren't going about this like a chap who doesn't want to get involved! :LOL:

It's difficult not to get, drawn into the world of retro bikes despite my best intentions. I hope to get some better pictures soon and report on the progress of the Saracen build which I hope will be a simple bike using modern components but retaining a period feel.

Getting there now will try to get better pics of all 3 soon.

All done, couldn't be happier with it!

Sadly the photos don't do it justice

Lovely work on that Saracen. How does it ride? You've pulled off the Retro - Mod thing very well indeed. As for the refinished bike, that's fantastic paint. Did you respray or have it powder coated?
Oh and finally: what a tidy storage area/workshop. Mine looks like it's been bombed with grenades full of every kind of crap imaginable.

Oh and fantastic Rockhopper - there's something about the Pre 90 graphics that just screams "Mountain Bike! This is a MOUNTAIN bike, people!"

doctorstewie":3n0969ll said:
Lovely work on that Saracen. How does it ride? You've pulled off the Retro - Mod thing very well indeed. As for the refinished bike, that's fantastic paint. Did you respray or have it powder coated?
Oh and finally: what a tidy storage area/workshop. Mine looks like it's been bombed with grenades full of every kind of crap imaginable.

Oh and fantastic Rockhopper - there's something about the Pre 90 graphics that just screams "Mountain Bike! This is a MOUNTAIN bike, people!"

Thanks, it feels really tight and responsive like a new bike but with character. The frame is as I bought it which I understood to be a NOS finish but it's clearly a powder coat finish and I'm really pleased I've been able to get such a good colour match on the forks

Back