1997(?) Principia 700 -> new pics (page 4)

Looks great, I like the idea of saving weight with the 1x transmission. You may have taken the weight saving too far cutting the brake cable so short ;-)

Haha. No weight savings here! All my bikes have had 1X transmission since 2007. I hate front derailleurs.
The front brake cable housing was cut too short out of plain stupidness. But I hope you can appreciate my ingenious way of making it longer: a short extra piece of housing plus two brass end caps resting against each other and a short brass tune holding them together.

Why not remove the shifting mechanism from the left brakelever? Like this....

a-small-rih-33563_7.jpg

That was an option yes but I thought about it but gave up on the idea. Too much custom work as there would be hole left under the hoods and who knows, maybe some day I am ready for a FD!

That’s nice to hear. Any suggestions on where to get the cheapest 3D printer, software, modelling skills and a spare Record left hand shifter cover?

Sorry about the sarcasm and thank you for Googling!

But you asked why and told the two reasons I chose not to. Are those two not good enough?

No, I’m sorry, mate! I guess I’m in a bad mood today. Really don’t want to be a hostile jerk.

Thanks for the ideas! All input in this thread is much appreciated!

Back