1997 Marzocchi Z2 Refurb / Service / Fettle

That's looking good. You can wash the cartridge in a glas pumping in and out until the black oil is out. I'm using mineral spirits for this task.

For anyone in the UK needing a 26 socket, I just grabbed this one off evilbay, despite the low price it's actually pretty solid quality, also the walls are reasonably thin so should fit in the crowns recess pretty well (plenty room left around it with my 66s and 888s), plus bonus points for it being made in the EU and not China:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
For anyone in the UK needing a 26 socket, I just grabbed this one off evilbay, despite the low price it's actually pretty solid quality, also the walls are reasonably thin so should fit in the crowns recess pretty well (plenty room left around it with my 66s and 888s), plus bonus points for it being made in the EU and not China:
Wow, that was cheap and too easy. I like having the right tool for the job, so putting the fork back together won't have to be done with an adjustable now.
Cheers !

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
That's looking good. You can wash the cartridge in a glas pumping in and out until the black oil is out. I'm using mineral spirits for this task.
Thanks mate!
I'd really like to buy a complete service set from you, but I'm on a really tight budget, so I'll just go for the enduro seals and see how I get on for now.

Glad to be of assistance with the socket. I was getting annoyed with the ebay search cause it would bring all sorts of random things, then this one popped up in the "related items" or whatever section, and voila! You'll get it on Wednesday most likely btw, they ship quick and the post office is pretty fast on the delivery these days.

Upon reassembly you don't need to go medieval with the torque, just snug the caps up and that's all they need. Bit of oil on the o-rings is always nice too.

Got the oil seals out pretty easily.
They don't look horrendous, but I'll fit the new ones.
Folded up inner tube to protect the tops and Pedros tyre lever. 👍 IMG_20220510_141422.jpg IMG_20220510_141433.jpg IMG_20220510_141544.jpg

Ok so I finally got around to looking at these again. Cleaned up the bushes and they're actually fine!
I'll get the rest of the components cleaned up asap.
IMG_20220920_141750.jpg

Back