1997 Intense Uzzi XC

Nice lookin' ride Mr K. Has to be a credit to Intense that if someone told me that was an '07 rather than '97 I'd have believed them (v mounts excpeted of course).

The DH is by no means a bad fork, esp with the dual damping carts and coild springs (althouhg I think they are 1997 which would mean elastomer/spring combis, but I forget).

Crosstops work well, have some on my Faux. Setup is key, you actually need to read the manual.

John":34i6tbsj said:
Crosstops work well, have some on my Faux. Setup is key, you actually need to read the manual.

I tried that (as a last resort, of course). In the dry they work fine, but they're lethal in the wet. Much improved by replacing the Mavic ceramic rim with a plain alu equivalent, which suggests the brakes might not be the problem.

Thread hijack over.

pete_mcc":34t9hao3 said:
Anthony":34t9hao3 said:
Why is there no such thing as an NOS Z1?

Z1s were very good forks, they got amazing reviews and so supply couldn't match demand. We had a waiting list for ours in the shop. Because of that, and the fact that sus forks had established themselves by the advent of the Z1, most people who bought them used them.
Sybil Fawlty couldn't have said it better herself! ;) ;)

The Uzzi is back! The first time my policy of offering 'first refusal buy-back' on a sale has actually been activated... it's a nice feeling watching the return of a wandering lamb!

Attachments

• Uzzi Lover.jpg
    Uzzi Lover.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 234
That's real nice.

I think I may have just found my modern/retro full sus unicorn if looks are anything to go by.

How do they ride as an all rounder?

Back