1997 GT Tequesta - Finished 17/1/09

guybe":1uyq4x9j said:
are you using this one for the Cannock ride next week
I liked the red fading to black on frame, red stem is good choice, maybe red bars and black seatpost to finish it off.

BTW, go rigid on single speed! :xmas-cool:

Doubt it'll be done in time, and to be honest I have now made the decision to wreck some M900 on the Zaskar :xmas-wink:

Colour is nice isnt it :cool: I dont know about the stem myself though.....I have a black KORE on the way, and a black seatpost on order :D

Rigid is an option, but want to try the Indy's first :xmas-wink:

Picked up and fitted seatpost and QR's today from LBS, also fitted KORE stem and tried wheels to get overall look. Yes, rear is in back to front so cassette wouldnt spoil effect :xmas-wink:

Just waiting on plain black Vetta TT saddle and SS rear sprocket.

May use spacers when trying forks, so wont cut steerer incase I go back to rigid.

Attachments

• DSCN1893.JPG
    DSCN1893.JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 3,654
Major update:

Suspension forks removed and fitted original rigids to save weight and sharpen up the head angle.

Decided against using the SPIN as it didnt suit the skinny steel frame, so gone with a standard spoked rear wheel. Skinwall Ritchey Z-Max tyres fitted both front and rear.

And finally fitted a NOS example of my favourite saddle, a Vetta TT Trishock.

Attachments

• DSCN1960.JPG
    DSCN1960.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 3,818
  • DSCN1955.JPG
    DSCN1955.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 3,818
cce":2ie2cm2s said:
i'd lose the skinwalls. reckon black would work better.

I did wonder that...... :?

I may swap them with the blackwall Schwarbles on my Zaskar, period correct then on both bikes :xmas-wink:

mmm

i actually ran skinwalls in 1997, despite my mates mocking.

it all stopped when i popped my tyre off and folded it up - i was the only one in our little band running kevlar ;)

Finished

Changed tyres to my white Panaracer Magics and fitted a DMR Tension Seeker II and KORE qr's, so its now finished.

Have only ridden it up and down the road, so a full shakedown tomorrow.

Report to follow! :LOL:

Attachments

• Tequesta 2.JPG
    Tequesta 2.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 3,737
  • Tequesta.JPG
    Tequesta.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 3,737
Back