1997 Gt Lts 2000 ds

so today ive had a devlopment,

ive totaly stripped down the bike and cut off the pinch bolt tab that was cracked, going to weld a new one on tomorrow. also ive found that the drive side horst pivot point was ovalised so im going to weld the hole up and redrill the hole.

order some parts too

fox float rl rear shock
all of the pivot bushes and bearings
rear hub
cassette
chain
headset

and i might paint it a new colour once ive fixed all the bad points ill keep this updated as parts are fixed or replaced for now here is a picute of the crack that ive now copped off.

Attachments

• cropped.jpg
    cropped.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 2,534
i made the new part of the pinch bolt and now its goning to get welded on

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    59.1 KB · Views: 2,502
  • image.jpeg1.jpeg
    image.jpeg1.jpeg
    48.9 KB · Views: 2,502
so i got some pics finally of some of the repairs ive done they still need tidying up ect

the first pic is the horst pivot point that was welded up and then reamed out to the correct size as it was oval

all looks messy but ill have it looking pretty soon

Attachments

• IMG_1073.JPG
    IMG_1073.JPG
    171.3 KB · Views: 717
  • IMG_1074.JPG
    IMG_1074.JPG
    109.5 KB · Views: 717
Great work, used to love my LTS, my brother has it now, even older than this one though, an old LTS Team.

Also remember those forks well, my bro picked up a set in the sale from JE James on Christmas sale, thought they were amazing at the time :p

they still aren't bad to be honest, a bit flexy maybe but i am comparing them to my modern 120mm marzocchis lol

The only problem I have with them is they are a lite too soft for me is there any way of getting stiffer springs or will putting a heavy weight oil help ?

Back