1997 Bontrager Race Resto - Completed

Jen told me she can drill holes in the badge and provide colour matched screws. Alternatively, she suggested JB Weld adhesive. She seems to think these solutions are superior to double sided tape. I glued mine. You'll need a clamp to hold the badge in place whilst it cures. Use adhesive very sparingly lest you end up with the mess I did!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Wow!
That looks really nice :p

How does the pace fork work for you?
It´s had rave reviews but I really have a hard time with the "backwards" front brake.
The ride must be really smooth...
:twisted:

The ride is great, more so I suppose because it's ultra light, as much as anything. Acceleration is the thing that impresses me most, and climbing. The fork also works well with the geometry of the frame, I think the rake works well to somewhat tame the front end. Also, I think the 440mm RC-31 might be a bit longish for the Bonty, the 420mm seems just right. Not at all twitchy this fork - just really smooth. If I'm riding over a good length of rockier terrain I do get a bit of numbness in my hands, but then again the fork is rigid... or maybe it might be just me. I'm right at the (95kilo) weight limit (I'm 100 kilo), and have had no problems, no excessive flexing, no worries whatsoever. If I'm honest though, I reckon a lovely handmade steel fork would suit the frame better, especially if painted to match my frame.
Maybe my wife's Fat Chance Buck Shaver will inherit the Pace one day - watch this space.

Oh, and the backwards front brake. Looks kinda cool imho. Sort of turns the whole fork into a brake booster! Besides, it has a front disc mount, so I could keep my setup and run an Avid BB7 mechanical front disk if so inclined.

Latest posts

Back