1997 16" GT LTS DH Frame SOLD PP

Barneyballbags

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
1997 GT LTS DH Frame

1997 16" GT LTS DH Frame in generally good condition. I have only just got the bike myself, and really should have had a good look at it instead of listing it from memory as I did earlier!

Top Tube (centre of head tube to centre of seat tube horizontally) = 20"
Seat Tube (centre to top) = 19.5"
Seat Tube (centre to centre) = 15.5"

Although the top tube seems short, bear in mind that GT designed these frames to have an adjustable cockpit length, by factoring in a very relaxed seat tube angle. Raising/lowering the saddle will adjust the top tube length.

The frame has a few cosmetic marks and scratches, but more importantly it is not dented or cracked (good luck trying to crack it!). Rear shock is a Rockshox Super Deluxe which works fine (rebound and compression still work), but as with all old shocks I would suggest that it is given a service as I don't know when it was last done - although it has been TF Tuned.

Some of the rear bearings will need replacing as one of the previous owners looks to have neglected the poor old thing a little bit. I would suggest that, to bring the frame to it's full potential, it would be well worth spending a little bit extra and treating it to a full bearing upgrade kit from BETD. I cannot even begin to tell you how good these kits are and BETD will even fit them for you!

Ideal to build into a bit of a retro DH/Freeride machine - Remember that this frame was good enough for Steve Peat back in the day! It's also worth remembering that spares are still inexpensive and readily available for this frame from www.betd.co.uk

This is a bargain, even considering that a couple of the rear bearings need replacing. You will get what's pictured, including a Hope headset (complete except for Crown Race and top cap) and a Hope 31.8 Seatclamp, as well as the bottom bracket currently fitted.

Price for Frame as pictured
£120 posted to UK
£130 posted to Europe

Please contact me for delivery elsewhere

Or buy the frame as pictured, with a set of red Hope Ti hubs, and Hope Disc Brakes for £220 posted to UK (please contact me for postage elsewhere)

Dibs on here please, followed by a PM. All dibs will be held for a maximum of 24 hours (after I've posted pictures) unless agreed otherwise. I've got plenty of nice feedback so please feel free to check me out before making a decision :)

Thanks

As I was the one who packaged this frame up, I can only reiterate that this is a great frame that is just gagging to be built up and used, It'll make a brilliant retro downhill rig, if that's your bag.

Thanks Mark :)

Here are a few pictures of the frame. Sadly I haven't had time to clean it as it's currently chucking it down here in sunny south Wales!

P1000987.jpg

P1000989.jpg

P1000988.jpg

First bump. Hopefully someone will spot it for the bargain that it is.

Even if you spent an extra £100 on the full BETD bearing upgrade kit you'd still have a fair bargain on your hands!

Back