1996 Specialized "Ned Overend" S-Works "FRO" M2 Team SPINS!

Re: Re:

ez054098":362ukj9r said:
I absolutely love this bike. The decals are so cool.

Me two ... wish is was a 19" though. The stand-over weight is not ideal for me.

This was originally Pro owned (not sure who) and was bought by a weekend warrior/racer at a Canadian MTB race in 1996-7 with some sort of "arrangement". It was a bit of a hodge podge of parts when I got it, bit it almost certainly had one S-Works premium group on in originally (XTR, Pro Spesh Hoops, Hugi hubs, x-rays, etc). Some of those bits were left on it when I got it. I went with a XT 739 & XTR 950 mix and added the spins for the fun factor.

jimi911":3d0620tp said:
ez054098":3d0620tp said:

This was originally Pro owned (not sure who) and was bought by a weekend warrior/racer at a Canadian MTB race in 1996-7 with some sort of "arrangement". It was a bit of a hodge podge of parts when I got it, bit it almost certainly had one S-Works premium group on in originally (XTR, Pro Spesh Hoops, Hugi hubs, x-rays, etc). Some of those bits were left on it when I got it. I went with a XT 739 & XTR 950 mix and added the spins for the fun factor.
What size is it?

ez054098":douaomzx said:
jimi911":douaomzx said:
ez054098":douaomzx said:

What size is it?

I think its about a 20.5". A guy on the trail was trying to tell me it was probably a custom size, but I don't know. I don't think Specialized made too many custom bikes.

After years of riding so many different sizes are comfortable pedaling. The fit on this is sort of like my road bike.

I can get on a small Klein or a large brodie and feel comfortable as long as I get the stem right. You just can't fix stand-over height. That's the only thing that I don't like about this ... not always sure I can get my foot down before my face :?

Re:

That was looking SOO NICE right up until you slapped those Spins
on.

Bit like getting a date with Keira Knightley - and then asking her to wear purple Crocs...

Bollox64":1rc5qhs7 said:
That was looking SOO NICE right up until you slapped those Spins
on.

Bit like getting a date with Keira Knightley - and then asking her to wear purple Crocs...

Haha :LOL:

Yeah. I think Spins may be the most polarizing part out there. Either you really like them or really don't. They came out when I as 18-19 years old and I woulda killed for them.

Not too into Keira. More of a Kate Upton person. I wonder if there is a correlation between Spins and your type of gal (or guy ... must be inclusive). :D

jimi911":3nuyx939 said:
Not too into Keira. More of a Kate Upton person. I wonder if there is a correlation between Spins and your type of gal (or guy ... must be inclusive). :D
Kate Upton?

Attachments

• fttire.png
    fttire.png
    65.1 KB · Views: 370
Back