1996 PROFLEX 856 RED 20'' - NOW WITH CUSTOM NEW ELASTOMERS!

Simply stunning and great attention to detail :cool:

Does anyone else get the feeling from looking at those parts even the build from third best parts is going to turn quite sweet? :LOL:

Thanks guys for the compliments. For sure the other 2 (or even 3) bikes will be nice rides!

Didn't get much today...but steady as she goes!

Attachments

• photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    223.7 KB · Views: 2,268
Well It is done!..

The two best legs where polished (yes from two different forks..) and NOS decals applied using other set as a guide.. I made the best sugino impel crank out of the 4 I have and had Gil M make me up dome decals...originally it was paint but this should be more durable..I am very happy with the result!

(Original Seatpost and pedals are stored....the current trek system 1 seatpost is the one I had on my 856 when I was young, as it was longer so this is what I used on this build, and I dont want 6 sets of shoes, so I went with crank bros. Other than those two things this is 100% factory spec down to the tires, cable housings, chain, bottle cage bolts etc!

Attachments

• market.jpg
    market.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 2,095
  • dogpark.jpg
    dogpark.jpg
    272.5 KB · Views: 2,096
  • legs.jpg
    legs.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 2,090
  • crank.jpg
    crank.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 2,093
Great Resto thread, a lot of passion with this one, I'm building a 856 at the moment, although no where near the standard you have done. It looks very box fresh indeed.

Jussa :D

The elastomers where ok but I wanted something a bit stiffer and dirt resistant. I had new ones custom made. You can buy ones on line, but I wanted them to be solid yellow whereas the ones online are translucent.

Also new crank decals and clear coat for the crank arms..

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    149.4 KB · Views: 1,278
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    178.4 KB · Views: 1,266
The custom elastomers work great! Perfect sag, travel...even the color, texture and translucency is dead on!

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    196.7 KB · Views: 1,244
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    173.4 KB · Views: 1,244
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    204.2 KB · Views: 1,245
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG