1996 Marin Team Titanium

Re:

A bit of an overdue update on this i think!!

Ummed and arred and even Argghhed!! on the direction of the build and at first decided to bling it up with lots of blue anno...

But wasn't entirely convinced and everytime i looked at it it didn't do it for me so one Sunday afternoon i thought sod this and stripped it down and sold all the blue and very nearly sold the frame!.. and so it languished in the shed for a few weeks then i decided a new direction was needed and after seeing lots of lovely Ti bikes with subtle touches i thought hell, let's see whet we can do!

So the second incarnation or indeed the Second Coming (dodgy Stone Roses album aside) has left me with this and this time it puts a smile on me face. :D

Full spec list will follow when i get some better canti's..

R.

Really a great bike. I believe that in an all_black suite it is slightly better tnah in blue_ano :)
Can't wait for the detailed specs...
What headset did you use?

c

Re:

Ciao Salvatore..

First attempt i fitted a nos Miche headset which was a dark blue ano but it clashed with the other blues and was one of the reasons i wanted to change the look. Second time around i went for the trusty Ritchey Logic, which is by no means high spec but still a very good headset and favoured by Marin for many years. :D

Re:

Thanks for the positive comments guys :D

According to my bathroom scales it weighs 10kg which is ok by me but will have to invest in some luggage scales or something to be more accurate.

Next decision is whether to revert back to the Umma Gummas and keep the grey Koolstops or keep it as it is and put some new black Astec pads on... What do you think?

R.

yep ide go with the grey tyres,,,,,bike looks pretty good either way i kinda like the blue as well the more i look at it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Back