1996 Kona Kilauea Frame - improved pics!

cce

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Ok, since i've got the merlin, seeing the kilauea sat idle has left me feeling kinda sad. It's a great bike and it deserves to be ridden and enjoyed, not sit in my shed

it is a 1996 Kona Kilauea, made from columbus cyber, and is 18 inch (C-T) in size, which means around a 23 inch top tube. it comes with a kona dog collar, which has been polished, and has the exit hole widened and chamfered to make running v-brakes a bit easier. will still run cantis OK though. Thomson seat clamp also included, this is shiny and lovely.

The frame takes a 27.0 seatpost, a 28.6 front mech and has an 1"1/8 110mm headtube. 68mm BB shell.

Paint is...., to be honest i was considering repainting it. It has all the usual marks, including some chainsuck etc

Bottom bracket threads are excellent, rear mech hanger, again, honestly, could use a chase.

I'll include a silver hope headset. this should help you get going

i would like £170 posted for this frame, which i appreciate is quite a lot for a frame that could do with some love, but this is a lovely, lively lightweight frame, not some run-of-the-mill lava dome. I'd prefer it to go to someone who is going to do something lovely with it, not paint it white the same as all the others

in a few days i'll have a set of TB P2s to go with it. i'll include those for 200

Pics Laters.

and with pics

IMG_1812.jpg

IMG_1820.jpg

IMG_1825.jpg

IMG_1813.jpg

IMG_1815.jpg

IMG_1816.jpg

IMG_1818.jpg

IMG_1820.jpg

IMG_1824.jpg

Hi Kier,

Sad sad day dude :(

Im interested in the UN72BB it is Square taper and the UN72 is the XT one right :?

Cheers

J

a sad day indeed

the BB is an XT one indeed. I'd like to see if any potential frame buyer wants it first.

To any potential buyers; these frames are stunning, no offence but the pics really dont do the colour justice!

l'd touch up the damage if it were mine as there arent enough of these '96 Kila's in this beautiful underated colour :cool:

all trade bets are now off, and i may have some P2 TB's available to go with this.

just scored some RC31's - only need the v bosses now

Back