1996 Kona Hot Stars-n-Bars

Re:

its_kirby":1z8mzx40 said:
was this the one konamad owned? really fancied it when it was for sale on here from a forum member but i just didnt have the room or funds, i cant believe how the paint shines in the pics and that craftmanship on the crack is class :cool:

It's a lovely bike, for sure. I own her sister, HT121 :D

Your's was never owned by konamad, because that is mine, and has been mine for 4 years ;) So I'm not sure which frame its_kirby nearly bought, but it wasn't mine, because I've owned it for longer than he's been a member and it's never been advertized for sale by me...

SpearedHot":2g5tobjy said:
IMG_0952.jpg

I won't lie. I'm aroused.

For me, THE Hot on here. 19" of heaven. One day I'll have one, one day...

Thanks for the compliments everyone! It is such a fun bike to ride. The current setup is a little different than the pics. It now has a xtr m910 seat post and a different stem/handlebar. The Ritchey stem was just too creaky and flexed too much even though it looks good.

cyclotoine":9did7m3g said:
Wow! You must have disassembled the pedals and polished the bodies?

I did. They were pretty beat up so I used various levels of sand paper/polish and elbow grease.

Sorry to bump an old thread but wanted to see what had happened to my old Hot and mightily disappointed to see the state it was in. I bought it from the US in very very good condition, sold it, then bought it back from Wadsy still in good condition, and then sold it again. Think it was TallPaul that lost the Kona Custom sticker as Wadsy didnt ride it much as it was too big. Glad to see its been restored though and it looks to be in good hands. Got a couple of pictures of it somewhere in my flickr thread. Judy FSX, Paul mech, Tech-lite shifters, Grafton brakes, Clark Kent pineapple hubbed ceramic rimmed wheels. I properly went to town on blinging it up. Loved that bike and rode it only about 20 miles in the time I owned it

http://Www.flickr.com/stewno1

Plus there a thread on here somewhere on it as well. I hope the new ish owner takes good care of it.

Back