1996 Cannondale M300 £100 - Pics and waffle heavy!

MarkSDN

Retro Newbie
I have finally made the decision to part ways with my beloved Cannondale M300, which I have owned from new when I bought it in 1996 from Freetown Sports in Hull.

This bike has has been my only ride since then and has taken me all over East Yorkshire roads/cyclepaths and bridleways - with the odd trip to Dalby. And it was finally retired last year when I replaced it with a Cannondale 29er :D

Originally I'd planned to keep it as a daily commuter due to it's light weight and save my newy for weekend XC trips, but sadly it's not happened and has now been sat in the garage for a while - now I realise it can complete it's useful life for me by funding upgrades! :cool:

Anyhow enough of the Mills & Boon, here's the details:

1996 Cannondale M300 - 20" large frame - Sparkle Purple blended from jet black on the top of the tubes, paint is in pretty good condition for it's age - minimal rubbing of the Cannondale logo and a couple of small scratches which hopefully show up in the photos.

Original bits:
Acera-X Mechs and that beautiful gripshift system (it's gonna make a comeback I tell ye!).
No-name bars and stem, Ritchey T seat post and CODA QR

Upgraded bits:
Avid V-Brakes as it was originally on cantilevers.
Front suspension, originally was a rigid fork and I bought some Rock Shox Jett XC in 1999 to replace them (I re-sprayed them black and re-stickered them after a few years for god knows why!?)
FSA Powerpro crankset (because I saw them in a shop and liked the colour) 22-32-42T

Addional bits:
Ging chain hanger (I think one year MBUK said they were cool so I needed one - we've all been there!)
Super rare CODA bar ends (few scrapes from the bike being sat upside down during flatties etc (also I'm not sure if they are super rare but I remember paying a fair whack for them at the time))
Schwalbe Land Cruiser tyres, sort of semi slick things that are a legacy from my commuter bike plans - I do have the knobblies that I'll throw in for free :)
A comfy seat - again commuter legacy yada yada yada

I'd love to get £100 just because of the provenance (If you know what that is then you watch Antiques Road-show, you old timer!)

Based in Hull, East Yorkshire - pick up or I'd be prepared to talk courier costs with anyone who would like to dance to that particular tune!

2r5vtbm.jpg

Look at the cheeky owl! I think he's about to make me an offer..

346x3if.jpg

2qwokfd.jpg

1zvu628.jpg

1zdpzfd.jpg

There he is again! I see no money in his furry pocket thou, bloody time waster.

fkunv8.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Mark

Bump for the weekend, one last effort to sell to a connoisseur before it's opened to the less discerning clientèle of Gumtree!

Back