1996 Brodie Expresso... Mmmm yummy!

shutter":24fdh5bu said:
Is this over the top?? Orange frame with a mix of blue and red parts

Sounds hideous but I'm happy to proven wrong ;)

Re: Re:

shutter":1n3lben9 said:
mrdryskull":1n3lben9 said:
clean off the paint and see what colour the "weld" is,,if it is brass,then it was fillet brazed on,better to cut it off..If it is silver,,then silver soldered on,heat it up with a propane torch and it should fall off,,solder melts at a pretty low heat,wont hurt the frame.It's made to melt before the copper and brass it's used on.
I have used solder to fix chain suck on a frame a few times..
But please,,if you are uncomfortable at all,,please find a friendly neighbourhood frame builder,,I don't want anyone mad at me.!.

True, if it is solder even a lighter or match will melt it off =) I will investigate

Silver solder, not lead. You'll need a torch. put the frame upside down in a stand and throw a set of vice grips on the offending braze-on. it'll peel off as soon as it is hot enough. keep the torch moving, never stop.

As for the red and blue... It could look okay, but you will need to complete the headset in red, looks like you're short a couple bits. Or you could send all the red to me. I could use it on the edge build. :xmas-big-grin:

Re:

Thanks! What's wrong with just cutting it off instead of torch? Just curious?

Thx for the comments!

I know ornate and blue will be good (at least with me) but I'm not really sure about the red...

I may end up sticking with blue.. Blue ck headset and black brakes... Hmmm... ... ...

I have no problem with cutting it off, you'll need to file it either way to clean up the left over silver or brass. You just need to be careful.

cyclotoine":24m1ugu3 said:
I have no problem with cutting it off, you'll need to file it either way to clean up the left over silver or brass. You just need to be careful.

Good call thx

So... been doing some thinking here...

I "think" I may want to go this route instead... basically a direct copy of this...

ideas?? thanks!

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 1,022
Re: Re:

elPedro666":dsatddt9 said:
I like the blue, sure you're not just going chicken...? ;)

=)

Blue is nice but I have become quite fond of the gold legs on the early mag forks and this yellow / black goes very well with the gold legs =)

Back