1995 Scott Racing , update pg 3

Re: The next one. added Scott content

Hi Ian ,
My '93 is Tange Ultimate Superlight tubing , I did weigh the frame , just out of curiosity to compare it with my other bikes . Unfortunately the scrap of paper I wrote it on is an 11 mile road ride home , so will probably forget to look by the time I get there :roll:
Mike

Cheers mike :) :facepalm: :LOL: I think once I have the final few parts together, I'll dig the scale out and see what she weighs compared to the pro :)

dry fitted the brakes and shift unit controls last night :)

Mike Muz 67":snmmvbiq said:
Hi Ian ,
Unfortunately the scrap of paper I wrote it on is an 11 mile road ride home , so will probably forget to look by the time I get there :roll:
Mike
Guess what , I forgot :roll: I think the frame alone was around 1750g , but will have a look at my 'file' when I get home again , on , er, Monday evening :facepalm: So I will probably forget again :LOL: :LOL:
Mike

Re:

Time for an update, as it's been a while :oops: :LOL:

For anyone following this build , very nice sorry but I've had very little 'bike' time since the last update,

.however I've been gathering :D

So bike building for 2016 should be full steam ahead, 3dv style :)

Re:

Well, in the words of James Lawson, I wasn't expecting that!

Any more pics, like with it on! :LOL:

Mike

Re:

:D Mike, I do have a few pictures of this bike built , however, after riding it last summer, (if that's what you can call it :roll: ) I totally fell in love with the way the frameset handled and rode, so decided to pull the plug and go back to the drawing board :facepalm:

Currently I'm still a couple of parts missing off the list that I'll need to track down in the condition and at a price point which I'm willing to accept before I can call it finished.

As I have not posted a completed picture of the bike for you , I'll substitute it for a picture of the wheels :LOL: , will that do for now :LOL:

Ian

Re:

Mike, the wheels are super nice , the tyres however are not quite the White Onza Porcupines I had originally wanted , and certainly after watching the last set sell for over 450 Euros :oops: I figured if I squint enough they'll look close :LOL:

No assembly as yet , more of a collection of shiny parts :LOL:
However there is some foward momentum as another missing part for the project landed today .. :D

Re:

Really pushing the boat out here MrU !

I want tyres that I'm not afraid to get dirty, so black for me. On older bikes that is
Red Fire XC Panaracers default on my more modern bikes

Back