1994 Specialized FSR

That is very very very nice, I really like the way that you have gone for a unique coloured rear end and with a gloss finish too. One thing I am curious about though is why you didn't get them to do the link plates in the same colour?

I have a couple of other comments, firstly, although the frame number may indicate that it was made in 1994, I suspect that it is a 1995 model year frame. (big question mark over removeable seat clamp though).

Secondly I also agree about the stem and bars, think they would suit another bike. Alu Specialized stems are easy to come by, and the Ti (S-Works) not so much so but still out there.

I could have had the rear end colour matched - that would only have been £300 (on top of 145!). It would have been cheaper to get it wet painted but i wanted a tough durable finish so powdercoat it was.

The linkagaes would have to have been stripped of their current finish to be powder coated properly and i couold'nt be arsed!

If the Serial No on the bottom bracket is correct it's a 93 production for the 94 year (starts with a 93)

The stem and bar are staying for now - i'd struggle to get suitable Specialized spec'd ones let along on a budget of err very little!

For now it'll have to settle for period (ish) instead of period correct.
Which reminds me to chase up free flow for the shock and get the large chainring off to file down the offending shift pins.

taffy":2zy4i627 said:
I could have had the rear end colour matched - that would only have been £300 (on top of 145!). It would have been cheaper to get it wet painted but i wanted a tough durable finish so powdercoat it was.

The linkagaes would have to have been stripped of their current finish to be powder coated properly and i couold'nt be arsed!

If the Serial No on the bottom bracket is correct it's a 93 production for the 94 year (starts with a 93)

The stem and bar are staying for now - i'd struggle to get suitable Specialized spec'd ones let along on a budget of err very little!

For now it'll have to settle for period (ish) instead of period correct.
Which reminds me to chase up free flow for the shock and get the large chainring off to file down the offending shift pins.

Very interesting indeed, so this was produced in 1993. Have you compared it to the one in the 1994 catalogue? Something must have happened in R&D at Specialized between them doing the pic's for the catalogue and actually releasing the bikes for production.

I actually do have an S-Works Ti stem going spare if you are interested. PM me if you want to talk about a deal of some kind. Also I would like to hear more about the shock too, aren't they doing some part exchange deal or is that only in the US?

probably better off asking in the appropriate thread for a valuation.

Anyway.

Cane creek after much procrastination don't actually want to make the shock up. Risse on the other hand have been more than helpful

Look's superb :D , pleased to see someone has done something with it, would have sat on my shelf for an eternity if i had kept it (did look nice on there though :LOL: )

Why did you have to replace the main pivot bushings though ?, i had that rebuilt by BETD.

Latest posts

Back