1994 Parkpre Pro Elite - picture heavy

Promise me you 'll get one the right size next time Reki...

Am getting vertigo looking at that seatpost.

dbmtb":hfexbd51 said:
Promise me you 'll get one the right size next time Reki...

Am getting vertigo looking at that seatpost.

I only realised it was a 17" the day before I took it to get it repaired :oops: . Had it all these years thinking it was a 19". It works out the same dimensions as my Marin Mount Vision which I find is just right for me. Glad you like it, it is very different to yours and different again to Vitors.

Easy_Rider":1w97a0gr said:
Very nice, glad you've built it up finally!

Any reason why you went for XC over MAG21's? I guess it's more function over form.

I prefer Judys and have a set of 98 XC's and 97 SL's on my other bikes. I have a fair amount of experience taking them to bits, repairing them and tuning them up. Never had MAG21's or Quadras. I wasn't aiming to build a year specific bike but Judys were an option on the '95 bikes.

just saw this one in the BOTM,..i totally missed this topic.
Nice bike to save,..
will look even better when the decals are back on ;)

but for now?,..bloody gorgeous!

bas

Defiant":1pq33v4a said:
just saw this one in the BOTM,..i totally missed this topic.
Nice bike to save,..
will look even better when the decals are back on ;)

but for now?,..bloody gorgeous!

bas

+1 very cool and chic :D

Latest pictures and update:

This is the bike how I will ride it. Decals c/o Gil_m, excellent work again. XT M739 V-brakes and Azonic double wall handlebar. I'm sticking with the modern Michelin tyres, they are brilliant. The hubs have had new SKF ceramic bearings fitted which have now taken out any play in the old ones. The fork internals were the original elastomer stacks, these have been enhanced with some springs I had laying around from a 1998 Judy tuning kit. The cartridge in the forks turned out to be a Risse which appears to work perfectly so this has been left as it is. The bushings will need replacing sometime in the near future. It rides really well and climbs like a mountain goat (animal not the bike).

Attachments

• pp-2.jpg
    pp-2.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 2,665
  • pp-1.jpg
    pp-1.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 2,665
I like that there's 3 Pro Elites in here, all with different decals. And all with quite different build concepts.

What do you think that's saying about us?

Back