1994 Pace RC-200 F3

eurotrash":3o2qyk6q said:
But on the other hand BBQ is the national sport and they kinda take that seriously so dropping that much cash on some wood and then shipping it 1,500 miles and then storing it for a year before use it doesn't raise an eyebrow.

/crazy place/

1,500 miles :shock: that's more than twice the length of Britain (as the crow fly's)

Ma and Pa must really be into their BBQ's !

Re: Re:

Welcome to RB.
Lovely to see a well-used, much-loved bike that's been cared-for all this time :)
Love the anecdotes about the adventures you've shared with it :LOL:

regan_ev":heaouyz3 said:

In that case let me tell you how I lost the crud catcher on the underside of the frame :)

I lived in Essex on the River Crouch and one of my favorite trails was around the sea-walls down towards Burnham, along to Bradwell, west to Maldon and then back home. It was a mid-week in late Summer and I'd taken a sickie from work because the weather was fantastic.

I'd been going a three or four hours and I was just past the Power Station at Bradwell. The skies were crystal clear, the sun was shining, it was high tide in the Blackwater estuary with the waves sploshing against the foot of the seawall and I was riding alongside a field of wheat.

I hadn't seen anyone for the last 12 miles or so and I had the place to myself. Then, all of sudden a beautiful, stark-naked woman stood up in the wheat field and shouted at her partner (who was lying on the ground) "That's typical! You've got NO SELF CONTROL". Then she saw me and screamed. I rode off the sea-wall and into the salty water. Flippin' cold!

By the time I dragged the bike out the water and back up the seawall they'd gone - as had my Crud catcher. I considered it a worthwhile sacrifice for such a vision of petulant beauty.

:)

eurotrash":c47ao7t5 said:
regan_ev":c47ao7t5 said:
In that case let me tell you how I lost the crud catcher...
Hahaha! Classic :LOL: :LOL:
But I'm intrigued as to why you rode off the wall. Was it because she was beautiful and stood there before you in all her naked glory that you lost control? Or was she so ugly you deliberately launched yourself over to avoid seeing any more?! :twisted:

regan_ev":1dlhn5nr said:
But I'm intrigued as to why you rode off the wall. Was it because she was beautiful and stood there before you in all her naked glory that you lost control?

I wasn't the only male that day who had no self control in her presence.

Truly a goddess!

eurotrash":2llygbun said:
Retro Spud":2llygbun said:
But on the other hand BBQ is the national sport and they kinda take that seriously so dropping that much cash on some wood and then shipping it 1,500 miles and then storing it for a year before use it doesn't raise an eyebrow.

/crazy place/

That'll make for some fabulous bbq'd steak or lambshank!

Back