1994 GT RTS TECH SHOP XTR complete with made up backstory!

Re:

Thx for the comments..so as I said, the simple backstory for this bike was made up..now for the TRUE story.

This is the same bike..I saw it on ebay and puked in my mouth a little..I had to save it.

upcoming pics will show the transformation

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    241.8 KB · Views: 418
the purple ano was in poor shape, faded, with many scratches...and it looked like something barney the dinosaur would ride..i took it to my anodizer and it was dipped to have it all chemically removed.

this works extremely well..zero sanding on the aluminum and only cost $25...highly recommended.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 406
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 406
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    126.3 KB · Views: 406
The judys are custom painted and built from a stash of parts..nos springs and new bushings..they works and looks like new! (and i have a spare!)

Attachments

• 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 406
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 406
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 406
Very nice, and a lot of work involved!

How come you didn't go with a mag 21 sl titanium fork, that's what the 94 team came with, or didn't you want to go down the catologue route?

Re:

this isn't a team. it is a tech shop frame. (you could get them frame only).. so that gave me freedom to build it however I want without worrying about being "incorrect"..I did however make component choices that make sense for a GT (syncros, white hubs, panaracer tires)..and a lot of polished 1995 GTs had the Judy sl. If i was building it in 1995 and the sl was available I would have gone with that..

plus it just looks right to me..

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    76.6 KB · Views: 365
Back